General Chat About Brakes & Suspension

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

JJMclure
Getting There
Getting There

line locks

Post by JJMclure »

this has probably been asked already but if you have a line lock like this one-

and you're using a dual master cylinder arrangement can you use it to block off the rears and just hold the brake pedal to burn out?

don't nibble on the barrel, pull the trigger!

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by topcatcustom »

Thats what I was going to do in the near future, not ideal in a manual as you have to be quick on the pedals but cant see it being a problem with an auto box!
TC

Paul B
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Paul B »

topcatproduction wrote:Thats what I was going to do in the near future, not ideal in a manual as you have to be quick on the pedals but cant see it being a problem with an auto box!
I've heard that you can lock ON the front brakes, with the ball valve in the front brake line, push hard on brake, close valve, release brake, and then have both feet free to play pedals with.

Unless it slips mid burnout though..... :shock:

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by topcatcustom »

:lol: I had thought of that- but I have seperate feeds to each of the front brakes which makes it a pain in my case...
TC

bones
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bones »

Ive got one of those fitted to my sd1 between the master and pressure valve, to hold the front brakes though. How come people go for holding the fluid away from the rear brakes?? :? rich

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi
People lock the rears off and leave the peddle active so you can allow the car to creep forward in the burn out box if there is too much water to allow the tyres to heat as quickly as you want. Also gives you an opportunity to do a big show-off burn out right up to the staging area.
Best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

Paul B
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Paul B »

kiwicar wrote:Hi
People lock the rears off and leave the peddle active so you can allow the car to creep forward in the burn out box if there is too much water to allow the tyres to heat as quickly as you want. Also gives you an opportunity to do a big show-off burn out right up to the staging area.
Best regards
Mike
Ah, the old 'rolling burnout', looks far more impressive than sitting on the same spot and smoking them. Same with bikes.

And the track owner prefers you not to tear up chunks of track too.

:lol:

Return to “Brakes & Suspension Area”