My modifacatios on my jago jeep.

Please post current V8 projects IN BUILD NOW in here, Any non relavent posts will be removed,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

v8 jago
Getting There
Getting There

My modifacatios on my jago jeep.

Post by v8 jago »

Over the last 2 days ive had my jeep at my mates place where we are making it a 6" longer wheel base and fitting a blown 470ci BBC.
The first few are as we jut started it.

This is the point of no return. Cant change my mind now :D

This is with the 6" added to the chassis. This will make my wheelbase a whopping 84 1/4" :lol: Yes it was only 78 1/4 :shock:

This one has had a 17" piece cut out and replaced with 23" piece.

This is it all welded up and holding its own.

Replaced the bars and put new cds tubed from the cage to the strut tops.
(He made a nice job of the weilding)

Now the mock up engine in place. What a weight it is !! :shock: Im used to a rover v8 now ive got a big lump of steel in its place. It will work out around 3 times heavier by the time ive got everything in place.
Im sure it will be worth it though.
I will post more pictures up later :wink:

Was Rover v8 10.7@122mph, 0-60-3.01sec
Now Blown BigBlock Chevy 9.9@134 upto now on low boost.

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by topcatcustom »

I cant believe how skinny the jeep chassis rails are! Good thing you now have 2 diagonals over the front! You must have got a lot of chassis twist before- especially with the times you were pulling! What power are you hoping for with this lump?

TC

Paul B
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Paul B »

Hell of an interesting project mate. You gonna do a full chassis strip down, or just get it back together and run it ASAP?

I think I've mentioned it before, but the guy round the corner from my house has a Jago Jeep parked in his front garden. He used to drive it but I haven't seen it move for a year or so now. Every time I walk past I think about buying it for a future project: Gasser Jeep. 8-)

v8 jago
Getting There
Getting There

Post by v8 jago »

TC, Its a very solid chassis as it has been solid mounted (engine and gearbox) for a few years and it has 4 link back end so it doesnt seem to bother it. Dont know what power to expect to be truthfull. I would like to start with 650+ and when it gets set up work up to around 750ish when i can afford some better bits as im finding its costing more and more each thing i buy i need somethig else.

Paul, I am leaving it as it is for now as i want to get it back out for easter and need to get it fired up so i can hear what it sounds like and then will be buzzing to drive it. I havnt got the patients you have :D Yes you have mentioned that jeep along from you. :)

Im going to have to make a list of things to do and buy as i keep thinking of different things every day. :( If i wrote a list i would proberbly get depressed when i saw how long it was. :cry:

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

topcatproduction wrote:I cant believe how skinny the jeep chassis rails are! Good thing you now have 2 diagonals over the front! You must have got a lot of chassis twist before- especially with the times you were pulling! What power are you hoping for with this lump?

TC
I was thinking that. The Range rover chassis is much beefier but still has fun containing my 350 chevy.
Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ian Anderson »

I was just thinking on my Pythag theory

all you are trying to do is get the front wheels higher in the air!

Amazing project

Ian
Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

v8 jago
Getting There
Getting There

Post by v8 jago »

Ian Anderson wrote:I was just thinking on my Pythag theory

all you are trying to do is get the front wheels higher in the air!

Amazing project

Ian
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I dont know if it will either calm it down or turn it into a crazy green eyed monster :D All i know is that if it does wheelie ill be getting billed for replacing the tarmac that ive just put my front end through :oops:

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

Adam!!
Dont worry..
Once you have an extra 6" like me, you will find it harder to get the front end up in the air. My missus agree's also :D :lol: :D

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

v8 jago
Getting There
Getting There

Post by v8 jago »

Lol. The problem i might have is i proberbly had about 300 ish flbs torque with my new one im thinking around 650+flbs and with then engine only been moved 1 1/2" forward compared to my front end at 6.25" so that means my engine is still quite far back...
My theory is it will look and sound the buisness, If its slower then 2 out of 3`s not bad :D :D

v8 jago
Getting There
Getting There

Post by v8 jago »

Just a little update on my progress. Ive been busy as hell since end of last year and the jeep is finaly out and has had only a few teething problems. Exhaust manifold leaking, battery dead and fan stopped working and front brakes stuck on at the first run then for the 2nd run they had been stripped and freed off. Still getting used to the power and the extra weight of the engine.

Here is a vid of how it went. The first run with the brakes on isnt on this one.

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by topcatcustom »

Jesus that looks awesome, nice work!

btw What times did you get?

v8 jago
Getting There
Getting There

Post by v8 jago »

Just managed a 10.5 on my first meeting. Just trying to learn it yet and gain confidence. :)

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

Cracking vid there Adam!!

Dont fool yourself about the torque figures on your old engine though!
My stock 4.6 with a 100 shot runs just under 400 ft/lbs.

Are you running blown only, or are you going to stick some gas on it??

PS
I think I might be at York some time in July. Just got to check the dates..
Perry

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

v8 jago
Getting There
Getting There

Post by v8 jago »

Cheers perry. Im not running gas, As im on low boost i can change the pulleys and get over 800bhp so i dont need to spend a fortune on nitrous anymore. Or for a long time anyway :D I think york is the 4th and 5th july. Might catch up with ya there if your going.

chodjinn
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by chodjinn »

:shock: dont really have a decent reply for that! Nice work! Almost makes me want to bin my stupid rover turbo engine build and get a proper engine :oops:

Return to “Your Garage Scene”