V8 coffee table

Day To Day Chat Area, So Forum Topic's Don't Get Spammed Up.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

demo2
Moderator Gold
Moderator Gold

V8 coffee table

Post by demo2 »

After buying a complete 3.9 to rob the intake off of it, the remnants turned into this

dbv8
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by dbv8 »

Nice work.
Ive had a damaged 4.6 block waiting to do this for too long.
I fancy a light underneath and the pots full of wine :D
10.612 @ 129.77
176.5 standing mile.

demo2
Moderator Gold
Moderator Gold

Post by demo2 »

Im gonna get a blue light under it too, i took it down too a garage and they put it in thier ribo wash, came out like new then had it clear powdercoated.

Ralphh85
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ralphh85 »

this is what i made when i saw an old crank going rusty an needed a table by my sofa for beer/coffee!

it sits perfectly just above the sofa arm, photo doesnt dot he top justice, its got a perfect machined finish, kind alike like the bottom of a vinyl. alloy top an stainless bottom.

Ralph

demo2
Moderator Gold
Moderator Gold

Post by demo2 »

Thats smart, takes up little room, i would have kept the journals natural tho.

Ralphh85
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ralphh85 »

demo2 wrote:Thats smart, takes up little room, i would have kept the journals natural tho.
it was a quick throw together job from my behalf, i just gave the crank to a friend who builds huge pontoons an the like an he had it sprayed at an industrial coating place so its just blasted an painted with very tough paint.

the base i cut out at work an got a friend to polish it up an the top another friend machined it up, cost me nothing al looks alot more befitting than some ikea crap!

Ralph

chodjinn
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by chodjinn »

Loving the crank table, I have my own RV8 coffec table almost identical to the one above, but mine has square glass. I always get comments about it!
RIP MGB V8 .... served me well as a learning curve.

R32 Skyline V8 .... this one is gonna be a monster!

Darkspeed
Guru
Guru

Post by Darkspeed »

Abstract :shock:
4.5L V8 Ginetta G27

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

The mind boggles. :jump :mrgreen:

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

Alley Kat
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Alley Kat »

Spam (weird spam), post & user zapped :)

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

Risky wrote:I've got an old engine sitting in my garage and I was going to do a V8 table too. I noticed it is the high compression.... 10.5?? or something, is it a "rare" engine or worth something more than stripping/scrapping?
It's the pistons that set the CR on an RV8, so unless these and the bores are good, it's just another old engine.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

Risky

Post by Risky »

I've got an old engine sitting in my garage and I was going to do a V8 table too. I noticed it is the high compression.... 10.5?? or something, is it a "rare" engine or worth something more than stripping/scrapping?
What could possibly go wrong?

DEVONMAN
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by DEVONMAN »

I've got several blocks /cranks I could use to make furniture BUT
they're not grandchildren friendly are they :( . I will need to wait afew years :lol:

Cheers
Mr. Cautious
1950 A40 Devon Hotrod with 5.0 twin turbo RV8.
EDIS8 wasted spark, Holley Injection.
Been as far as the Moon and back in 57 years of driving. Same Car, 5 engine upgrades !!!

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Risky wrote:I've got an old engine sitting in my garage and I was going to do a V8 table too. I noticed it is the high compression.... 10.5?? or something, is it a "rare" engine or worth something more than stripping/scrapping?
Hi
it is a P5 /P6 block, an early version of the 3.5 worth it to someone restoring a p5/p6 to original spec, not desirable otherwise. The heads are asthmatic even by rover v8 standards, the block has the least webbing and is about the weakest and it is a rope seal crank, no not very desirable, sorry.
best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

Risky

Post by Risky »

kiwicar wrote:
Hi
it is a P5 /P6 block, an early version of the 3.5 worth it to someone restoring a p5/p6 to original spec, not desirable otherwise. The heads are asthmatic even by rover v8 standards, the block has the least webbing and is about the weakest and it is a rope seal crank, no not very desirable, sorry.
best regards
Mike
In that case it'll be either a coffee table or down to the scrappers...more likely the latter!
What could possibly go wrong?

Return to “General Chat Area”