supercharging a rover v8 for a newbie

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi
Don't give up on the project though, there are plenty of choices, GMC deisel truck derived units are the most popular, 4-71 is about the best size for a 3.5 rover, I believe you can put a 6-71 on a rover but it is a bit big for the 3.5. there are various other types, an eaton off a 3.2 jag is a good bet, or one off the 4.0 Jag also. then there are various centrifugal ones, paxtons etc, have a read around and ask on here there are plenty of people who have had a go.
Mike

poppet valves rule!

jifop

Post by jifop »

thanks man i won"t

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by topcatcustom »

Only my opinion but...... having a 4-71 blower (though not an expert!) I would have thought a 6-71 would be too big for a rover, I'm sure it does and has been done but maybe on a stroked or BIG capacity one! It's as much as I can do to lift the 4-71 with carb etc on top on and off the engine too...

Anyway, if you are doing a full on hot rod pop, I'm suprised you aren't going for a GMC blower as it the most traditional for rods! You could try and contact "Blown V8" on here, he has helped me a little with my project and I believe his rod is a pop too!

TC

Paul B
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Paul B »

jifop wrote:thanks man i won"t
There always seems to be a half dozen ex-Mini blowers on Ebay. No idea why so many people seem to take them off.

I guess one will be too small, so how about fitting two, on a wedge manifold, just to have something a little wild and crazy? :D

Return to “Forced Induction”