4/71 pully sizes

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Paul B
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Paul B »

thev8kid wrote:speak to kev the mole,
he can get them made i think mate,
Thanks. Still an idle dream at the moment, but I already have the blower I bought off Nige, and a modifiable fannymold, so one of these days..... :wink:

bigaldart
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by bigaldart »

Paul,

Thats a 6V-71, doesn't move as much air as a real one. Those angled mounting bolts are a bit of a pain too. The V series engines had a turbo as well as a blower. V6 engine layout, The traditional 6-71 was on a straight 6 engine.

Alan

Paul B
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Paul B »

bigaldart wrote:Paul,

Thats a 6V-71, doesn't move as much air as a real one. Those angled mounting bolts are a bit of a pain too. The V series engines had a turbo as well as a blower. V6 engine layout, The traditional 6-71 was on a straight 6 engine.

Alan
Yes, I know all that, but this was available, and I had some money, how could I NOT buy it. :lol:

It'll probably cost me twice as much to get up and running as a 'real' 6/71, but that is too much like common sense. Half the fun is making the bits and sorting the 'challenges and opportunities' as upper management would call it.

There's a couple of places in the USA that sell a complete kit for my motor, for $3800, manifold, drive, blower, the lot. Very tempting. Very.

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

I'm quite sure an 8-71 would look even prettyer in that dinky little ford engine of yours! :lol: :lol: you could mount it on top of a tunnel ram manifold then with a little charge cooler jammed in the middle. :twisted:
Best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

JP.
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by JP. »

Paul B wrote:Is there anywhere in the UK that makes blower drive pulleys, the 8mm toothed variety, or similar? Or any other blower type stuff.

Or is it down to the usual jobbie of importing from the good old USA?

I have a 6/71 I bought for my FE motor, and I'd like to install it myself, rather than simply order a bunch of parts from the USA.
Yess there is. UK Blowers, Birmingham. Bottom or top, name it, he does it.
Mine where custom made too to fit my SDI crankpulley.
He even does intake conversions etc etc. Calculations & repair & maintanance & parts suplie.
He's also UK's agent for BDS

Ukblowers@aol.com
'73 Ford Capri. 3.5 RV8, Magnacharger 110 Supercharger, Merlin F85 Heads, Water/Methanol Injected
'73 Ford F250, 6.7ltr V8
Building a GT40 mk2

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

he dont do paxton chargers though :lol:
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

Paul B
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Paul B »

JP. wrote:
Paul B wrote:Is there anywhere in the UK that makes blower drive pulleys, the 8mm toothed variety, or similar? Or any other blower type stuff.

Or is it down to the usual jobbie of importing from the good old USA?

I have a 6/71 I bought for my FE motor, and I'd like to install it myself, rather than simply order a bunch of parts from the USA.
Yess there is. UK Blowers, Birmingham. Bottom or top, name it, he does it.
Mine where custom made too to fit my SDI crankpulley.
He even does intake conversions etc etc. Calculations & repair & maintanance & parts suplie.
He's also UK's agent for BDS

Ukblowers@aol.com
And guess where I got my blower from? :D

Return to “Forced Induction”