water temp rover v8

General Chat About Cooling & Overheating

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

paul246

water temp rover v8

Post by paul246 »

hi can anyone tell me what water temp a rover v8 runs at? also what temp should a electric fan switch on/off cheers paul

V8cortina

Post by V8cortina »

Mine runs at around 90 degrees, my fan is on a switch, I just turn it on when crawling in traffic and off when moving again.

For an auto fan, I'd set it to come on at 95-100 degrees, unless anyone out there knows different.

ihatesissycars
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by ihatesissycars »

Mine has a two stage jobbie, one comes on just after that stat opens and the other 5 degrees above that so 85 and 90 degrees.
V8'less but a fountain of dorky knowledge ref v8's!

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

i think mine comes on at around 90, or what ever the audi fan switch is set at :lol:
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

The Original Tom
Getting There
Getting There

Post by The Original Tom »

Can I quickly ask a question? (sorry for trhe semi-hijack!)
What is considered 'overheated' for a V8? Mine runs up to nearly 100 deg and I thought that was really bad! I know it's not ideal, but how hot is really too hot?
P.S my fan comes on around 90 degrees too.
Rover 3.5 V8 landy - Completely rebuilt and purring... Now awaiting a good tune!!

V8cortina

Post by V8cortina »

100 degrees will be ok but a bit on the hot side, 110+ and you're overheating, mine runs at around 90-95 and I'm using a discovery Td5 radiator

Paul B
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Paul B »

V8cortina wrote:100 degrees will be ok but a bit on the hot side, 110+ and you're overheating, mine runs at around 90-95 and I'm using a discovery Td5 radiator
I've heard that the ally Rovers are very susceptible to overheating damage and don't like to run as warm as most other engines, therefore I have fitted an 82C thermostat in mine, and the electric fan comes on not much higher than that. On the gauge it sits at about 80 or just above, in traffic or on the motorway. I have a four core radiator and a 14" Kenlowe fan.

paul246

Post by paul246 »

thanks for the replys i will have the fan to come on at 95 and see how it goes

Return to “Cooling Area”