custom coolant hose

General Chat About Cooling & Overheating

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Will Reeve
Getting There
Getting There

custom coolant hose

Post by Will Reeve »

Hi guys, is there a off-the-shelf hose for the connection between water-pump and inlet manifold. I am not that happy with my silicone coolant hose 'fix' at the moment; it's leak-tight for now but doesn't look "right".

I would have though this would have been a common issue and fixed with a custom hose from someone?

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

I tend to go up the scrapyard looking for suitable bits. I usually find something close enough.

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

Other than it looking a little short and stretched, what's wrong with it ?

I'm sure there will be an off the shelf hose with a little offset you could use though.

Just call the likes of Viper or Roose and ask them.
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

Will Reeve
Getting There
Getting There

Post by Will Reeve »

I know; it’s a little thing and actually seals OK. I had a leak was from the temperature sensor I only hand tightened when seeing if everything fitted and a valley gasket leak (re-used old composite gasket!). For some reason the connections don’t have a bugle on the end and are smooth.
Scrap yard hunt is a good idea. Not been on one of those for years. There used to be a good one near Norwich who let you onto the cars to pull things off...bet H&S have shut them down now :-(

Will Reeve
Getting There
Getting There

Post by Will Reeve »

I know; it’s a little thing and actually seals OK. I had a leak was from the temperature sensor I only hand tightened when seeing if everything fitted and a valley gasket leak (re-used old composite gasket!). For some reason the connections don’t have a bugle on the end and are smooth.
Scrap yard hunt is a good idea. Not been on one of those for years. There used to be a good one near Norwich who let you onto the cars to pull things off...bet H&S have shut them down now :-(

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

I do the same with that hose. It doesnt look quite right but it works just fine.

You can get Samco to make you a bespoke hose if you give them a drawing. I'm sure Coops had his done like this. But that costs money as opposed to a short section of straight silicone hose costing peanuts.

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Roose have done all my hoses for my v8
90% of them one offs
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

Return to “Cooling Area”