mgb v8 front coil springs

General Chat About Brakes & Suspension

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

BISH V8
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

mgb v8 front coil springs

Post by BISH V8 »

Now that the v8 4.6 engine is in and that the front suspension on the coils is taking the weight my setting on the dampers is about in the middle setting,i am running 350lb springs on the front,i havent put the damper setting on its softest setting but im thinking that the ride height is about an inch to high,does any body have front coils on an mbg v8, every bit of weight has been taken off to reduce weight(heater/fiberglass wings.bonnect etc) if so what spring lbs should i have,im contiplating on either 300lb or 280llb.??? the height of my coils are 9'' b7 2.25''

BISH

Current project
1972 mgb v8 4.6 roadster

CastleMGBV8
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by CastleMGBV8 »

Bish,

What year car and what suspension do you have? it sounds like a coil over kit and that makes a lot of difference to the spring rating.

If you have a suspension with the lower spring attachment point at the outer edge of the wishbone then 250lb will be the equivalent of 500lb on a standard B set up as the spring is half way along the lower wishbone,

One other thing, when you installed the suspension did you leave all the nut and bolts on the bushings loose until you had bounced the car up and down a few times to allow it to settle to it's proper height. if you tightened everything with the suspension in full droop then the bushings will be in torsion and the car won't settle properly.

Kevin.

Return to “Brakes & Suspension Area”