scimitar gte front brakes

General Chat About Brakes & Suspension

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

magpies

scimitar gte front brakes

Post by magpies »

I'm in the initial stages of getting a Scimitar GTE for tarmac rallying and the odd sprint/hillclimb. I see (and read) with interest the posts on the rear axle / diff / brake upgrades but cannot see any regarding the fronts - ideas please,
I'm looking at the budget end of the market so dont mind a small number of hundreds :lol: . I dont have any problems with using larger wheels as I intend going 17 or 18's

building a scimitar to rally / sprint / hillclimb

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

If your model doesn't already have the 3 pot brakes then you will be looking for a set of them from an SE5, next up is a set of re-drilled Peugeot disks. Cant remember the model they are from but they will give you vented front disks. I will see if I can find the model later. Next up would be same disks but with lockheed four pot calipers. After that you could use some alloy four pots but your pretty much on your own regarding brackets to mount them. Radial mounted ones would probably be a PITA to sort out but there are some that aren't and I am sure some of the guys will chip in and give you more details. You could hunt down larger disks as well but again your pretty much on your own with these and you will have to do the research. Next up and save the hassle but spend more cash is http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/product_in ... ts_id=3976 to be honest most of the scim guys who are serious about brakes go for this. Absolutely anything is possible depending on your abilities. Basically the 3 pots and the Peugeot disks are the norm then they go for the Willwood kits. A few will have went other routes but tend to keep it to themselves unfortunately. You might get more details over on the yahoo mailing list but your more likely to get mauled and told the originals are good enough :?

Return to “Brakes & Suspension Area”