General Chat About Brakes & Suspension

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

JP.
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Land-Rover Defender Master Cylinder to Capri servo

Post by JP. »

Have bought these: eBay ad
Land-Rover Defender Master Cylinder. Part Reference NRC8690 for servo and non ABS to chassis No. HA701999. Bore Size 25mm.

**This Master Cylinder also fits Ford Capri. The bore size is 25 mm (Capri is 22.2 mm). There are 2 main outlets on this cylinder, as the Ford Capri, with a 3rd outlet a simple Y-pipe connection. (The fluid reservoir may need to be changed with the Capri one). The larger piston size will pump more fluid and give a slight increase to the hydraulic pressure. This increased pressure can also be harnised used if larger calipers are fitted. This Master Cylinder is suited to the 2 litre Capri Servo. There are many Ford Capri websites where this is explained in more detail.
Acccording to the ebay seller it should fit Capri, well... it doesn't line up with the servo mounting studs, it means drilling new holes in the mastercilinder.
Has somebody done this conversion, do I need to do more than only drilling new holes to line up with the servo and does it do what it supose to do.

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

what servo you using mate?
as i know one of the servos the studs are a different distance apart, i think its the 2.0/1.6 servo you need,
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

JP.
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by JP. »

Here on the continent all the Capri servo's are the same 1.6-2.0(4)- 2.0 ( V6) 2.3 - 2.6- 2.8- 3.0 .
The Granada servo is bigger but uses the same stud patern as the Capri.
Only the 2.8 has a bigger master cilinder than the others overhere but again stud patern is the same.

All brake systems are ATE ( master/ servo/ callipers). Some older mkII systems could have FAG systems but they are similar to the ATE systems.

So it could be that UK Capri's have differend servo's fitted with differend paterns :?: :?: :?:

Anybody shine a lite on this one please cause I just bought this eBay ad one to.

Thought all paterns where the same... :? :? :?

Return to “Brakes & Suspension Area”