Classic Conversions 4-link kit for MGB

General Chat About Brakes & Suspension

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

chodjinn
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Classic Conversions 4-link kit for MGB

Post by chodjinn »

Got in touch with a certian Bill Guzman over the weekend; those familiar with the British V8 Newsletter will no doubt have heard of him and his tuning mods & V6 conversions for MGBs.

Anyway, on the back of another thread reagarding rear suspension, I sent him an email enquiring about his recently developed 4-link kit for the MGB.

http://www.britishv8.org/Articles/MGB-4 ... ension.htm

Its pretty robust from the looks of things and will fit a range of axels with only a bare minimum of welding. I've asked him to get me a few postage costs (as it looks like I'm going to get one). He also agreed to sell me a kit without the coilover shocks, and also supply me with the details/sepcifications of the shocks he uses so I can get my own spec'd over here. I have a loose contact who can potentially get me custom coilovers for a very good price (through our own club).

If anyone is interested let me know and I'll pass on some more details.

cheers

JC.
Getting There
Getting There

Post by JC. »

Yes, i'm definately interested.
I'd like to know if there is a choice of springs too! I'll need something slightly stiffer for drag racing I think.

jc_moulds@hotmail.com
Image -JC.

chodjinn
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by chodjinn »

From what I gather you can get a range of springs as tehy are factory shocks that he uses. However, like I said, there's not much point in paying for shocks to be imported from the states when you can get (probably) better ones over here for the same price or less.

I'm thinking about the shipping costs with those heavy coilovers; if you look at the kit they're easily over half the total weight. Anyway watch this space for prices.

Return to “Brakes & Suspension Area”