Line Lock

General Chat About Brakes & Suspension

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

JP.
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Line Lock

Post by JP. »

Trie'ng to figur out how to connect a Line Lock in my brake system.
Car is a Capri and I want my front brakes locked. Problem is....front brakes are seperated on the mastercilinder. Does this mean that I have to plug of one of these conections on the master and use a T piece on the other one to get both my front brakes working.
Or is it better to use two solenoits - one on each front brake line.

x.l.r.8

Post by x.l.r.8 »

most block one and have a single feed to the line lock and then 'T' to the fronts.
Or you could line lock the rear and have it so they don't operate, then you can use your front brake to creep the car forward to do impressive rolling burnouts in the car parks. But I would go the first route.
Yes it's a Porsche and yes, it should sound like that!

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

my line lock is on the rear brake line,
its a bit agressive when doing a burn out with a manual box, but it has survived,
im looking at doing the front brake lock over the winter.
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

JP.
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by JP. »

x.l.r.8 wrote: to do impressive rolling burnouts in the car parks..
Ohh yeah I love to do impressive burnouts in the carpark... :D but my girlfriend never alow's me too

They say its handy with staging at the x mass tree and with my reaction time of about one sec. it might help me some in the right direction :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Yellow1 Yellow 2.......... orange orange orange, GREEN..........go, yess I still wait till the light goes green..... had to much red light tickeds in the past :roll: :roll:

kev_the_mole
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kev_the_mole »

JP,

you need a couple of these.

One for the front and one for the back brakes. Push buttons on dash and no need to route brake pipes through the cabin! :D

About $60 each from JEGS or Summit.

Cheers,

Ian

It's an engine Jim.....but not as we know it ;)

JP.
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by JP. »

Yepp thats the one I have allready ( Biondo still in the box...) . According to Summit tech it's not recomended on a dual feed front brake mastercilinder.
And like Tony sayed its not handy on the rear brakes.
Most US brake master cilinders only have one conection for the front brakes and one for the rear and well Capri has two conections for the front.
I am a bit worried about my brake performance blocking one of the conections on the master off and use only one conection with a T piece with the Line lock in line feeding both my front brakes.

So thats where my sugestion of using two Line lock's came from, one for each front brake line..

JP.
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by JP. »

Problem worked out today.
Been to some brake pro's with a spare brake master cilinder and indeed you can block one hole (prever the lowest one) and use the other one with the Line Lock and a T-piece to get it all hooked back together.

As you can see on the pic, Line lock sits on the lefthandside next to the Brake master.

Still have some problems with doing a burnout while it seems that the line lock is working properly................................
:wink: :wink:
Hope to get my induction back next week

Garth84x
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by Garth84x »

can someone point me in the right direction for a solenoid kit for my granada plz, pref in this country.

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

Real Steel....USAutomotive, Hauser, Andy Robinson race cars etc
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

bones
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bones »

I know this is an old post but ive got same sought of thing on my rover sd1, 2 pipes out of master into pressure reducing valve, 3 pipes from that , 1 to rear and 2 to either side at front, could i T-piece the pipe between the master and pressure valve?? . im off for the week so loads of questions about many things :D rich

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by topcatcustom »

I was going to bring this up too, my master cylinder has 2 outs for the front brakes, but 1 is at the end of the cylinder and the other is like half way down so nowhere near each other... Dont really want 2 line locks and dont want it on the rear brakes as I might get my feet in the muddle trying to do clutch, hold brakes on and push the go pedal!!! (Sorry Rich not trying to hog your post!)

Is your valve thing to even out the pressure Rich or bias more to the front?

bones
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bones »

i have,nt a clue, just says pressure valve in the book, :oops: hope someone will tell me :? rich

bones
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bones »

could the line lock be fitted between the master and pressure valve??, as it only has the 1 pipe fitted for the fronts :( rich

bones
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bones »

would this be any good, dont know how toget the link thing up, if you go to Jegs performance web site and put in 467-760500, it should come up :? rich It has 4 ports on the valve, so this should work with the 2 front brake pipes :?: [/img]

bones
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bones »

well ive been told that i can fit the line lock between the master cylinder and pressure reducing valve, so i will only need the 1 kit. does this seem right, :? rich

Return to “Brakes & Suspension Area”