demon tweeks rear anti roll bar for rover sd1

General Chat About Brakes & Suspension

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

ian111s

demon tweeks rear anti roll bar for rover sd1

Post by ian111s »

i read last year sometime that some guy on here fitted one of these to his sd1. i have purchased one myself and had it fitted by the garage that has my car in bits for engine work, but looking at it it doesn't look right.

can anyone point me in the general direction of how it should be mounted.

bones
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bones »

ive never seen one fitted to a sd1, would be interested in it for mine , when i get round to it, ive got to many cars on the go,

Koose

Post by Koose »

Can you get bigger front anti rolls for them? I noticed theyre the same size as a rear Rover 200 roll bar, and 7mm smaller than a 200 front.

Mark

Lehto

Post by Lehto »

I have been toying with idea of making my own thicker ARB for the front by first measuring how long rod I'd need. Then turning the ends smaller in lathe so i can fit the existing bushings etc etc.. then making threads for 12mm (or bigger) nuts. Then using a gas welder to heat the bar from the point that needs to be angled and angle them same way as the original. Thats just a mock up concept in my head. I shall see how badly the car tries to roll after Im in that point.

Basil

Post by Basil »

Koose wrote:Can you get bigger front anti rolls for them? I noticed theyre the same size as a rear Rover 200 roll bar, and 7mm smaller than a 200 front.

Mark
Think you can run two with right brackets

David

Return to “Brakes & Suspension Area”