General Chat About Brakes & Suspension

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

kokkolanpoika
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Range Rover front brake pads vs Rover sd1 vitesse 4-pot. EBC

Post by kokkolanpoika »

Hi..

I just surfing an internet, and i just wonderin what is the difference between Range Rover v8 (1976 excample) and Rover sd1 Vitesse 4-pot brake pads?
I have got std range rover 76- pads in my carage and also i have got sd1 vitesse pads in my carage and they look identical to me?

I found that paddockspares sels Range Rover EBC Performance brake pads with 26,5£ + vat and Rimemrbros sels Rover sd1 EBC brake pads about 54£ + vat.
That is about half price?

Question is? Is those Rangie pads suitable for my sd1 vitesse? Or is the friction coefficient wrong? Range is hevy car and sd1 is lighter, but sd1 top speed performance is better. :shock:

Any experience???

Timo

ozrover
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

re

Post by ozrover »

Apart from Rimmers being good at charging healthy prices,it could be down to the SD1 pads having the wear sensors and the rangie ones not.The pads wil swap over no problems.
Doug

Pocket rocket
Getting There
Getting There

Re: re

Post by Pocket rocket »

ozrover wrote:Apart from Rimmers being good at charging healthy prices
:lol: :lol: You're not kidding! :shock:

HairbearTE
Guru
Guru

Post by HairbearTE »

Rimmers prices may have something to do with it but also its probably down to who made them. I sell loads of pads every day and there's 4 or 5 choices of manufacturer for most cars. ATE are a good choice and are oem on some cars and as good as oem in most cases. cheapo pads like Eicher might cost 40% of what decent pads cost but I have heard many complaints of them squeaking. As with most things you get what you pay for at the end of the day. Put cheapo pads on your daily driver if its a £300 car and you just want to keep it on the road but its a shame to put crap pads on a decent car imo.

Return to “Brakes & Suspension Area”