jag calipers

General Chat About Brakes & Suspension

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

ozrover
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

jag calipers

Post by ozrover »

Does anyone know what is the thickest disc the series 2/3 xj jag calipers will fit over?I am pretty sure 24mm is standard but the new rotors on my SD1 are 28mm x 300mm and im concerned they wont go over them.Thanks in advance.
Doug

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

EBC has them as 24mm so 28mm is going to be a bit tight

ozrover
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

re

Post by ozrover »

i figured it might be tight,I have the option of using the standard SD1 4 pots with the spacer plates used on the Rangie vented disc conversions,but the pads are a fair bit smaller than the jag ones.Might look at the PBR twin piston alloy callipers,pads are bigger than the jag and the calipers are about half the weight.
Doug

ozrover
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Update - Bigger Discs

Post by ozrover »

After some thought,I have fitted 322mm x 34mm discs ,so will need caliper spacers for sure.does anyone know where I can get hold of some or will I need to fabricate them myself?
Doug

chodjinn
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by chodjinn »

Reyland Motorsport are supposed to be able to fit any brake to anything - they make bespoke spacers i believe. Give Martin a call he's a top bloke.

ozrover
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

re

Post by ozrover »

Thanks for that.Did a final measure up today and have settled/purchased a pair of 312mm x 32 mm grooved discs,the larger ones were over 2 kg heavier and I am adding a bit of unsprung weight as it is.Look awsome sitting in the Momo wheels though as opposed to the piddling standard ones.
Doug

ShortRound

Post by ShortRound »

Hiya ozrover,
I'd be interested in seeing what the final out come looks and performs like 8) Sooner or later I'll get off my lazy arse and do something about my own SD1 :oops: Always thinking not enough doing :wink:

Return to “Brakes & Suspension Area”