MGB V8 ventilated front discs?

General Chat About Brakes & Suspension

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Adam

MGB V8 ventilated front discs?

Post by Adam »

Hi all, I am upgrading the brakes on my mgb, and have a set of princes 4 pot callipers with the spacers, I would like to fit ventilated discs which ones are the best? I am told Peugeot 406 fit?
Cheers Adam

MGB V8

chodjinn
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by chodjinn »

Dunno about the 406 discs but Wilwood will make you any size disc. Head over to the MG Enthusiast forum they're really good on there and should be able to sort you out. Don't have the address anymore tho as my MG has hardly any MG left in it! :roll:

shetlandnick

Post by shetlandnick »

Pug 505 are the ones you need. I had them fitted to my old MGBGT with SD1 vented 4-pots, which I believe are the same casting as vented Princess calipers. You have to redrill the discs to suit the PCD of the disc mounting holes; expect to pay about £25 at an engineering shop for the labour. The only real problem is that standard MG wheels don't fit without spacers to clear the caliper. My old Jubilee/V8 wheels needed a spacer as whell. I know for a fact that 15" KN Minators fit straight on without spacers, though.

Adam

Post by Adam »

Thats very helpfull I'll look out for a set.

thanks, Adam
MGB V8

davemgb
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by davemgb »

Guys,

My information is that the Princess and SD1 four pot calipers are not based on the same casting, but since Adam has calipers that is not really relevent.

You might find you need longer caliper mounting bolts, if so try late GT6 or MG RV8 although the later might be metric!

Wheel fits always seem variable - my 14'' KN Minators fit easily but my 15'' Superlites needed machining and a spacer! Original steel MG wheels would need a very deep spacer, so much I've never looked into it.

Dave

Return to “Brakes & Suspension Area”