Hello from co durham :-)

Please introduce yourself to everyone and say hi :-)

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

keefy

Hello from co durham :-)

Post by keefy »

Hey everyone..Im new to the V8 world im 42 and after spending many years tinkering with the R5 GT Turbos...i moved onto the Jap stuff owning RX7s and a few big power supras the last one being just over 800 BHP...then i got a bit sick of it all and spent 12 months in a restored Droop Snoot firenza as a daily driver and got the retro/classic bug...a couple of years ago i saved an 1980 MGB GT from a trip to the scrap yard and left it sitting under a cover on my drive...a few months ago i came up with a plan for a 3.9 V8 conversion and have been collecting parts ever since.. im gona use the LT77 Gearbox which i have along with the remote BUT CAN I HELL FIND A BLOODY SD1 V8 BELLHOUSING!!! got a post in wanted section :-)..ok so the car has a webasto sunroof which i hate and it needs recovered so due to the shape of the GT roof iv got hold of a good roof with no hole in and im cutting the roof off and welding the one with no sunroof in...iv got a full sebring kit to put on..2 door skins..a wing..and whatever else i find..iv got hold of some 14" weller wheels that i have had banded out to 9" to fill arches...i can do all this while searching for the bellhousing etc...im keeping the engine standard with RV8 manifolds also keeping the efi on...just bought a mgc style bonnet to..i will get some pics up soon as poss but just enjoying getting my hands dirty again :-)

Andrewrv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Andrewrv8 »

Welcome, I'm pretty new here too. Good site though. I fitted the LT77 box to my rover p6 4.6. Jim at JRV8 might be able to help with bellhousing. Make sure that you have the correct pivot pin as well or your clutch wont work properly. Good luck
Triumph TR7 V8 3.9efi

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

Welcome Keefy :)

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

gelmonkey
Sergeant Monkey Face

Post by gelmonkey »

Welcome Keefy
all you need to ever know about V8 and loads of other stuff is on this site along with some very bad people who will lead you to the dark side although looking at your post you dont need much leading haha.
I will have a word with a buddy of mine as he may have a B/h spare at his place.
Will contact him and come back to you ok.
Cheers
P

keefy

Post by keefy »

Hellooooo perry! :)
Thankyou p that would be excellent mate having trouble tracking one down big time :)

keefy

Post by keefy »

Helloo andrew :) iv tried them mate they had some but wouldnt sell .. :(

Andrewrv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Andrewrv8 »

Keefy, it might be worth asking Peter Thompson - he supplied me with one. His email is peter@belclassics.co.uk best of luck :D
Triumph TR7 V8 3.9efi

keefy

Post by keefy »

Thankyou mate iv dropped him an email :)
Andrewrv8 wrote:Keefy, it might be worth asking Peter Thompson - he supplied me with one. His email is peter@belclassics.co.uk best of luck :D

Return to “Please Tell Us About Yourself”