On my fourth V8, and just joined up here.

Please introduce yourself to everyone and say hi :-)

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

mickeyw

On my fourth V8, and just joined up here.

Post by mickeyw »

Hi, my name is Michael, I am a comitted Landrover nut, off roader and petrol head, living in Surrey, UK.

I've been driving Landrovers for around 23 years, and V8 engined ones for 20 of those. I should add that two of these have been daily drivers for most of that time.

First is my 1986 LR Ninety (Defender) hard top that I bought back in 1994, originally left the factory with a carb 3.5 and manual transmission. I blew the rings on that engine while off roading, so another lump was aquired, refurbished and fitted. Later on it acquired a serpentine 3.9 and LPG, before I added Megajolt. A few years later still, it gained a 4 speed ZF auto box from a Range Rover. Alas this one is now due to go to a new home to make way for a new arrival (both vehicle and family).

Then there's the 1961 short wheelbase Series 2 that I rescued from the scrap yard. Lots of repairs were needed. The engine was toast, but I still had the 3.5 from the Defender, so that was shoehorned under the bonnet. I ran that as a fun car for sunny days before selling after 9 years. Compared with the Defender this was a pretty harsh ride, but I always got out wearing a huge smile.

With the Series 2 gone, a 1990 Range Rover Vogue SE joined the stable, with just 92K miles on the clock. This was one of the first 3.9s, and largely standard bar my addition of an LPG system. This has been parked up for a couple of years now, waiting for some relatively minor body rust to be attended to :(

My most recent arrival is a 1986 One-Ten (Defender), again a factory 3.5 V8. This is the larger truck to cope with the expanding family ;)
The truck is very original despite its age, but the engine has been properly mucked about with by previous owners/garages, and has brought me more surprises than I would have liked. I need to get the truck up and running in the next month before the new human arrival stops further progress. Later on I have a 3.9 just waiting for a check over before fitting in this truck 8-)

I shall post questions separately on the engine issues.

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

Welcome aboard - another Landie nut!

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

Return to “Please Tell Us About Yourself”