Greetings from sunny California

Please introduce yourself to everyone and say hi :-)

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Mike S

Greetings from sunny California

Post by Mike S »

Greetings friends & V8 fanciers. I'm in So. Cal. where we'll stuff a V8 in anything from a VW Bug to? Well you name it. If it can be done with a shoe horn & a big enough hammer we'll make it fit LOL!!! Right now I'm in the process of puting a Buick 215 in my Lotus Europa. Along with a lot of body mods. I have several orignially V8'd cars: 76 Corvette, &0 Chevy El Camino, 1956 Chevy pickup truck & a 67 Chevelle. Yep I'm a Chevy guy but I have a Mk1 Spit. & an 850 Fiat Spider plus the Europa. :D

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi welcome
the Buick into the Europa is an interesting project, it should be good fun when finished. have you some pictures of the build so far? especially with the body off so we can see how it fits around the chassis.
I hope you enjoy yourself on here, there does tend to be a lot of unusual thinking so I think you will find you fit right in.
best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

Blown v8
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Blown v8 »

Welcome,
Looking forward to seeing some pics

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

If I can figgure your system for pix I'll post some. I'd started out to put a Kent 1600 in it. Then decided on the Buick 215 (same basic engine as the Rover V8)

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

I'll try one here.

Cheers

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

welcome to the nut house :lol:
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

volospian
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by volospian »

And what's wrong with an LS? ;)

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

volospian wrote:And what's wrong with an LS? ;)
Might I suggest that putting an LS in the middle of a Europa might cause it to pull wheelies, some would argue this is not a desirable handling feature, I'm not sure I would agree though. . . What about an LS? :D
best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi
are you sure that is a buick 215 not a Pontiac 215 just I think I see provision for a row of head bolts along the top of the valley.
best regards
Mike
Just seen your other pictures, it is a Buick :oops:
poppet valves rule!

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Nothing really wrong with an LS or other SBC. But they are heavier & larger dimentionally. Would take more strengthening of the frame etc. The Buick is a nice small light weight (340 lbs) package. With the stock Europa only weighing in at 1,500 lbs or so. The Buick in stock form 4bbl puts out about 200 horse. 1 horse per 10lbs aint bad weight to power ratio I think. I'm sure it'll be enogh to get into trouble LOL Besides like I said, I have several SBC cars including my Corvette if I want to really put the pedal to the metal LOL I'm 62 & have had my racing days street/strip so?

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ian Anderson »

Hi Mike

Welcome to the Forum

Mike has a bunch of stuff posted over on GT40s.com
http://www.gt40s.com/forum/wings-wheels ... build.html

Ian
Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Thanks Ian yes I've been a member over at GT40s for awhile. I put the Lotus on the back burrner some time ago. But now back on it full steam ahead.

Return to “Please Tell Us About Yourself”