Hello everyone, I'm Jim from the Wirral.

Please introduce yourself to everyone and say hi :-)

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Anonymous

Hello everyone, I'm Jim from the Wirral.

Post by Anonymous »

I'm really delighted to have found this site.

My passion is for Bristol Cars. Alas, I've been well and truly credit crunched over the last few years! I have an engine and gearbox less Bristol 405 that I am going to fit a Rover V8 to. So I really hope you folks will be receptive to some questions that I have.

Please help with your advice if you can.

Kind regards.

Jim.

gelmonkey
Sergeant Monkey Face

Post by gelmonkey »

Hi Jim
Welcome to the madhouse.
Many clever folk on this Forum with lots of help and info.
Any question you may have someone will know the answer so use it for all its worth.
Pictures are always wanted whatever the state of your project.

cheers
Paul

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi hello welcome . . . .

you couldn't be persuaded to put a chrysler wedge in there instead could you? Maybe a cadillac 500ci lump or even one of Mr Royces offerings? I can think of about six or seven engines that would be wholey more in charictor than a flipin' Rover lump. Please let me try and convince you to consider something else to put in such a beautiful car. I know where there is a Lagonda block up for sale! :D :D :D
Best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

gelmonkey
Sergeant Monkey Face

Post by gelmonkey »

OI Micheal
Leave the poor bloke alone he's only just joined and you're after completely corrupting the guy in a matter of hours.
Mind you I kinda like your thinking :D

Jim
Kiwicar is a Sith Lord, you have been warned :lol: :lol:

P

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

kiwicar wrote:Hi hello welcome . . . .

you couldn't be persuaded to put a chrysler wedge in there instead could you? Maybe a cadillac 500ci lump or even one of Mr Royces offerings? I can think of about six or seven engines that would be wholey more in charictor than a flipin' Rover lump. Please let me try and convince you to consider something else to put in such a beautiful car. I know where there is a Lagonda block up for sale! :D :D :D
Best regards
Mike

OI!!
Enough with the "flippin Rover lump" already !!

Just because you choose to run a cast iron boat anchor Chevy in your car theres no need to go slating the potential of the lightweight ally Rover V8 mate!!

Welcome aboard Jim :)

Be wary of the Sith lord, AKA Kiwicar, AKA Brainworm...... He'll have you fitting a blower and nitrous to the Rover lump in no time... !!

I should know!! I'm one of his victims :lol: :lol:

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi
I never surgester the use of nitrous to you, you were already using whipped cream propellent in your car before i got to you, OK I might have encoraged the addition of the 4-71. . .
Best regrads
Mike
poppet valves rule!

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

kiwicar wrote:Hi
I never surgester the use of nitrous to you, you were already using whipped cream propellent in your car before i got to you, OK I might have encoraged the addition of the 4-71. . .
Best regrads
Mike

OK! OK!
I was a substance abuser when I met you. But the blower is your fault really. And i enjoyed it because it started to wean me off the nitrous. but as always you need more so now I'm addicted to boost and gas :)

Jim!
Stick with the Rover lump as the base for the car if thats what you can afford at the moment. The main thing is to get it on the road for some fun eh? Then as time progresses you can work out your plans and build spec for the future while still being able to go out and drive the car as the engine etc gets slowy put together in the garage :)
Sounds like a fantastic project mate. The 405 is a timeless classic IMO!

Perry

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

Rossco
Moderator Gold
Moderator Gold

Post by Rossco »

I have a 529ci Buick boat anchor that would go nicely.

Return to “Please Tell Us About Yourself”