Rover 800 RV8 - has anyone done it?

Post any info regarding parts for conversion and swaps.
and any posts regarding swaps help.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

ChrisJC wrote:
marcjagman wrote:Isn't that what they did with the 75? Virtually same as an 800 but 5.7 V8 RWD as standard from the factory then they badged it is an MG. Top Gear tested them.
The V8 Rover 75 had the bodyshell modified by Prodrive. I believe they cut a chunk out of the bulkhead and rewelded in a different part to make room for the 4.6litre Mustang engine.......

I also don't think the 75 had much in common with the 800, but I could be wrong on that.

Chris.
Apart from sharing some engines and both being FWD, nothing really. The 800 was basically a Honda Accord. The 75 loosely based on the BMW E39.

Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

goodsy1968

Post by goodsy1968 »

I have looked into doing this conversion, & it would require an IVA, due to me having to change the rear suspension & better brakes & of course the engine. Also there isnt a lot of room to cut a tranny tunnel, so it would be ok for a track car, but too much grief for a road car.
So i've decided to drop one into my everyday car which is a facelift Omega elite, which will be a lot less grief! & cheers for the comments, chaps!

Return to “Engine Swaps And Conversions Area”