IVA/SVA

Post any info regarding parts for conversion and swaps.
and any posts regarding swaps help.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Nollywood
Getting There
Getting There

Post by Nollywood »

stevieturbo wrote:
Nollywood wrote:A worrying trend.

I'm looking to replace the ZF 5-speed Tiptronic with a 6-speed manual 01E. This is in my 2001 Audi S8. All the components are what is fitted to manual S8's in Germany, and no cutting involved.

Does this mean I need an SVA / IVA, or is it factory enough not to require one? If it does need an SVA / IVA, will it be a fail?
A change like that will require no such tests.

What is an S8 like to own ? running/maintenance costs ? I really do like those cars !!
Thank the Lord for that!

S8 ownership? A great ride, very refined, and combine double glazed windows and 360 bhp in stock form, all too easy to break the speed limit, it's that quiet within the cabin.

Fuel tank is 90 litres, I get 429 to a full tank with mixed driving. Computer shows 5-10 mile range at this point, but I've never run her dry. So, a theoretical 440 mile range is possible. I do my own repairs and maintenance, so cheap for me. The 4,2 40V Quad Cam V8 is reliable, better than the earlier 32V version, which utilised a short chain in each bank to drive the exhaust camshaft.

2000 Audi B5 420-R, Pelican Blue:Work In Progress.
2000 Audi B5 420-R DTM, Santorin Blue: Work In Progress.

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

One on LPG would be a great car. Dont think I could suffer that mileage on petrol though lol
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

Return to “Engine Swaps And Conversions Area”