RV8 into JBA falcon

Post any info regarding parts for conversion and swaps.
and any posts regarding swaps help.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

jbafalcon

RV8 into JBA falcon

Post by jbafalcon »

Hello, fairley new to the site but been doing a lot of reading over the last few days and there seems to be a lot of knowledge out there. I have a JBA falcon kit car that had a ford cortina donor. it originally ran on a 2 litre pinto. i got it minus engine ,gearbox and a few other bit. i have mated a late 3500 range rover engine converted to carbs to a 5 speed rover sd1 gearbox. its now mounted in the car and ready to wire it and see if it starts. there is a fair bit of wiring to sort.
the first obstacle is the dizzy. i have three terminals on the 35DLM8 any idea which are required :?:

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by topcatcustom »

Come on where are the pics??? :P

Use photobucket or something to upload them, then paste the IMG links here.
TC

jbafalcon

Post by jbafalcon »

just had ago, never used photo bucket before so heres hoping. :o
well i impressed my self there. will try and upload a few more some time

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: RV8 into JBA falcon

Post by DaveEFI »

jbafalcon wrote:Hello, fairley new to the site but been doing a lot of reading over the last few days and there seems to be a lot of knowledge out there. I have a JBA falcon kit car that had a ford cortina donor. it originally ran on a 2 litre pinto. i got it minus engine ,gearbox and a few other bit. i have mated a late 3500 range rover engine converted to carbs to a 5 speed rover sd1 gearbox. its now mounted in the car and ready to wire it and see if it starts. there is a fair bit of wiring to sort.
the first obstacle is the dizzy. i have three terminals on the 35DLM8 any idea which are required :?:
The three terminal amp is a later Lucas replacement - the original had two. The extra terminal is for a screen - not normally used on the SD1 installation. It comes with a 3 pin plug to replace the two pin one and instructions. I'll see if I can find them.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

jbafalcon

Post by jbafalcon »

Thanks for that, sorted it now, found a spare dizzy in the box of bits that had the two terminal amp on the side ,so swapped them over :)

Return to “Engine Swaps And Conversions Area”