Some Guidence to start costing up....

Post any info regarding parts for conversion and swaps.
and any posts regarding swaps help.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

MinesGT

Post by MinesGT »

Behold wrote:Right time to drag this back up as money is available again!!!

I have been looking at the posts here and can answe rthe sump issue with i have a crossmember right throught the center of where the engine sits so i believe unless i remount the engine forward some more it will fowl most of the designs. but modifying this should not be hard.

As said in austraila there are 5.7v8 versions of the senator but the front subframe is completly different.

Im still toying with just getting an LC diff and hubs as it will bolt straight on and just need to modify the prop. as to the transmision im thinking thats where alot of work will be required to remount the gearbox and widen the tunnel. anyone got the T56 dimensions???
If it is any help, i have a T56 LT1 gearbox for sale. But, more importantly, i also have a special lightened flywheel, that allows the LT1 box to mate up to an early sbc block (2 piece rear seal). I had to import it special from the states, but have decided to change the direction of my project.(Was going in a capri, and yes i had to cut the transmission tunnel!)

Also have a brand new clutch as well as hydraulic clutch master and slave cylinders modified for a rhd application.

If this is any good, or i can help, just pm me

By the way, the only t56 dimension that springs to mind, is that it is about 30" from belhousing to "stick".

cheers

kevin

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

Buying a complete LS based cutout from the US will be by far the best option.

I'd like to think you could source a complete engine/box with most swapp bits, shipped, for under £4k.

Thats a bargain really. Cheaper if you opt for the likes of an iron block, or 5.3 etc. Or just an older 5.7

No cocking about, as its a complete package.
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

bigaldart
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by bigaldart »

I did drop a small block into a Monza which is the same base as the Senator, problem area is the steering gear, the steering box is very close to the exhaust manifold flange which means you need a front exit manifold. I switched to a rack mounted on a subframe but it was far from ideal. The downpipe still had to turn very obliquely at the manifold exit. I did manage to make a very convoluted down pipe arrangement. A TH350 fitted in the tunnel with a small amount of hammer fettling. Have a close look at your steering set up before going any further.

Alan

Return to “Engine Swaps And Conversions Area”