My Supercharged V8 Capri Conversion

Please post current V8 projects IN BUILD NOW in here, Any non relavent posts will be removed,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Not done much since the ecu hiccup,
BUT the new timing cover (standard not serp one) is nearly ready to go on,along with the new oil pump and gears, need to source a few bits and bobs so we can fit the 13 row cooler at the same time as doing the above,
Then we are going to tackle this bloody ecu table again :oops:

Other wise the ecu and the mallory setup and engine mods are still running faultless 8-) .

once i get 5 mins also the new master cylinder is being fitted by Caprisport to see if this makes the pedal better or worse (slightly more travel now)
we have a strut brace to sort out, and i need to get my roller top mounts sorted, and racing starts in March with the fast show at the pod (Perry i curse you)
so not much to do really :o :o :o

Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Due to missing out on Gavs paxton charger im back to thinking what to do with this engine :?

Last edited by Coops on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

ihatesissycars
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by ihatesissycars »

Why not get an M112 blower and use that?

Or come and get this 4/0 crank, rods and pistons and use them in itas the pistons are very strong and run a truck load of nos thru it?Or get some low comp pistons for the 4.0 crank and rods which again are strong which will give you a low c/r so you can spin the m112 as fast as it will go?

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ditch the v8 and sticka cossie in it, which is what the new owner of my old capri has done!

http://www.capripower.co.uk/board/index ... =6648&st=0
V8'less but a fountain of dorky knowledge ref v8's!

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

i'll have to wait on crank and bits gav as you offered them on another post have you not mate?
if they dont want them then i may be interested mate ta.
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

dnb
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by dnb »

I'd not bother with changing from the 12x12 maps. I'm not convinced 16x14 is really required for more performance, although the extra resolution very nice to have for being lazy and not having to always resample the tables when you move the bins around...

Happy to have a look at your fuel map (plus a recent data log). I'd like to test a new bit of tuning software I've written on someone else's car. as well as my own.

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Hi Dave,
hope to have the car back on the road this weekend, (weather permitting)
if i do i will do a datalog and send you it over along with my .msq file for you to browse over, im still getting this cold start prob of dying out a few seconds after fire up, start again and its fine, been like it since day one and never cured it,
regarding the software yeah i dont mind trying it for you mate, 8)
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

ihatesissycars
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by ihatesissycars »

Duuuuur it says that Ian caan have them if he wants them or anyone else should they want them, first come first served!
V8'less but a fountain of dorky knowledge ref v8's!

chodjinn
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by chodjinn »

what's the spec of that spare engine you have Tony? Is it a standard 3.9?

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

hi chodjinn,
It's a stock 3.9 mate with arp mains studs, duplex timing set, crank rods and pistons,
was going to build an identical bottom end to the one sat in the car now so if it ever went pop i could be back on the road wth a near identical engine over a weekend,

Ok Gav will drop you a line later mate,
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

dnb wrote:I'd not bother with changing from the 12x12 maps. I'm not convinced 16x14 is really required for more performance, although the extra resolution very nice to have for being lazy and not having to always resample the tables when you move the bins around...

Happy to have a look at your fuel map (plus a recent data log). I'd like to test a new bit of tuning software I've written on someone else's car. as well as my own.
Here you go Dave,
latest.msq file and a datalog of the car. look at time line 301.11s got a spike says i revved to 25500rpm i wish lol. and it effects the duty cycle etc too, but never noticed anything while driving.
www.v-8.org.uk/zipfiles/caprijan2008.zip
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

dnb
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by dnb »

Looks like you had a single trigger error. Nothing to worry about unless they get more frequent than "once in a blue moon".

I've run the log through the analyser and it's shown up a few strange things. I'll apply the changes to a new msq and send it to you. One of the problems may mean the new VE table isn't quite right, but these things often need to be run twice to make them work properly...

dnb
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by dnb »

Have a look here: http://www.aqyz05.dsl.pipex.com/new_capri.zip

Let me know what happens, and then send me another datalog!

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Hi Dave,
cheers for that,
you want me to just load up the new .msq and do a datalog without changing anything?
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

dnb
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by dnb »

Yes, assuming it runs OK with the changes. It may not because there was a big problem with your original config in the warmup parameters.

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

oh right, was they to high or something?
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

Return to “Your Garage Scene”