My capris latest.

Please post current V8 projects IN BUILD NOW in here, Any non relavent posts will be removed,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

ian.stewart
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor
Location: Far Far south, any further south and my feet are wet

Post by ian.stewart »

Lewis wrote:I was looking at getting a set of those Toyos too, to go on my new Revos.

Heard very good things about them, I'd love to see what they're like in the wet though.

Looks great the car, and the motor, excellent work! 8-)
888Rs so far havve been very good in the wet, even coming from enfield on bank hoilday sunday, M25 in the Pishing rain and having a big braking moment, the car pulled up without problem, Much to my releif :D

THE SMOKING GNU
12.604 with an old boiler of a RV8 and no gas
WHY are there so many IANS on this site???????

ihatesissycars
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by ihatesissycars »

I had a really good day and an absolutely awful day.

Good points, i fixed my sticky front suspension!

I stripped down the legs and greased up the nylon bush that the damper bodies slides within and now the suspension seems to respond without sticking with the slightest of pushes. I would've like to have driven it to try it but thats where the bad day thing comes in to it.

Bad points. Oil leak.

I've had an oil leak since getting it up and running again, this is due to the the F***ING B***DY S***ID C***Y crack in the oil pump housing part of the timing cover. . . . . . .

New timing cover for me then and as its a serp one its going to cost a fortune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ho hum :roll:
V8'less but a fountain of dorky knowledge ref v8's!

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

cant you get it tiged up in the outside?

ihatesissycars
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by ihatesissycars »

I don't want to risk it. The crack comes from the inlet from the oil cooler and then accross to the filter housing, i think i made it worse when i was putting the blanking plug back in that inlet, I seated it geantly then gave it a 1/4 turn (still relatively loose) to put a bit of pressure on the o ring for the plug and it didn't quite feel right so i gave it a good look around and i saw what looked like a crack. Tightening or loosening the plug opened and closed it up. The toys toys were then rapidly deposited accross the garage.

At least i get new a new pump in with the cover too!

HairbearTE
Guru
Guru

Post by HairbearTE »

V8 tuner are selling late covers on ebay for £99 at the mo. If you get lucky you might get a new one come up privately. One went for £41 new last week but I missed it. You've got the late one with no dissy haven't you?

ihatesissycars
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by ihatesissycars »

No mines the early serp cover, the one thats a sod to get hold of. The phones gonna be glowing tomorrow by the time i find one!

HairbearTE
Guru
Guru

Post by HairbearTE »

Ah. I see. An intermediate cover. I think the guy is called Paul and has an ebay shop called pegasus parts. He had a new one for 280 quid last time I saw. If you know the part number Gav post it here and i'll have a look in the system at work (I'm working at Eurocarparts now). I'd be amazed if we had that on the shelf but if we have a stock number for it I may be able to get one in. I must be honest I do actually have a new old stock one of these kicking around here somewhere. I paid a lot for it and only bought it in case I ever needed one because I knew it was quite rare and I might not get another chance at a new one. If you want to PM me with obscene offers, feel free.

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

If it welded it would be fine, you trust a lot more highly stressed parts to welding all the time. Tell Paul your a member here as he gives members a discount ;)

ihatesissycars
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by ihatesissycars »

I think its ERR6814 for the interim one.

Its not the strentgh of the welding its the oil ways and so on the crack goes thru, i don't want to block anything up or restrict anything and ruin the engine. I need to get it off (the cover) and have a proper look but i really think its fubar. I'll post some pics soon.

Gav

ihatesissycars
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by ihatesissycars »

The best quote i have so far is £249.80 inc vat from the landrover dealer in my companies group which includes my staff discount. Genuine part it is too.

Everyong one else want £250 ish + vat.

I think i'll double check the welding route!

HairbearTE
Guru
Guru

Post by HairbearTE »

I got none at work and it's not listed under one of our PN's so we've never sold one. I could possibly special order it but then they'd be no margin in it (and hence no discount), we prob get retail -20/25% from landrover so I dont think it'd work out much cheaper, if at all.

HairbearTE
Guru
Guru

Post by HairbearTE »

PM sent.

Return to “Your Garage Scene”