!!3.9V8!! The Beast

Please post current V8 projects IN BUILD NOW in here, Any non relavent posts will be removed,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

series3-2007
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

!!3.9V8!! The Beast

Post by series3-2007 »

hey guys, maybe a lil off subject and very different to some of your guys motors :roll: , but heres the little toy that i've been building for some time lol, when money allows, 39V8, 5 Speed Box, etc etc, intially designed as an offroader, but maybe a little more power is needed :)

Started Originally looking like this as per the ebay listing

Then went to looking half presentable

then ended up looking like a half cut up pile of scrap :wink:

Last edited by series3-2007 on Mon May 10, 2010 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

series3-2007
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

re:update

Post by series3-2007 »

Last edited by series3-2007 on Mon May 10, 2010 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by topcatcustom »

Looks like a cool project. It may be worth sticking the original alloy U bends back between the carbs and K&N's, should improve your torque slightly, or at least a good few inches of smooth pipe anyway!

Not sure with the V8 but on my 200tdi I noticed a difference in power when I took the viscous fan off the front, just use an electric one now but it only gets used about 1% of the time if that- (I dont expect your V8 to run as cool as my diesel though :lol: )

p.s. would you like to shink the last couple of pics- cant see them on one screen and have to scroll to see your text :wink:

p.p.s. nice bright blue axle!!!
TC

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

It's not that different to my Landie, so you're not the only one!

Welcome!

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

series3-2007
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by series3-2007 »

topcatproduction wrote:Looks like a cool project. It may be worth sticking the original alloy U bends back between the carbs and K&N's, should improve your torque slightly, or at least a good few inches of smooth pipe anyway!

Not sure with the V8 but on my 200tdi I noticed a difference in power when I took the viscous fan off the front, just use an electric one now but it only gets used about 1% of the time if that- (I dont expect your V8 to run as cool as my diesel though :lol: )

p.s. would you like to shink the last couple of pics- cant see them on one screen and have to scroll to see your text :wink:

p.p.s. nice bright blue axle!!!
oh :wink: oops, yeah i'll shrink that down as soon as i get back from work lol, yea the vicous is gone lol, quite an old picture, with the ups and downs with weather dont get enough time to take pictures lol, try and get as much work done as possible, yea theres a 17" electric fan to be fitted, should be more than aqquedate to cool it lol

V8Smudge
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by V8Smudge »

Nice to see another V8 Landy on here mate :D .
Land Rover SIIA 88" fitted with a 180BHP V8
Some is good, more is better, and too much is just enough!!

Return to “Your Garage Scene”