MX 5 V8 soon to be back on the road, I hope.

Please post current V8 projects IN BUILD NOW in here, Any non relavent posts will be removed,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

mx5v8
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

MX 5 V8 soon to be back on the road, I hope.

Post by mx5v8 »

Haven't posted for a while been a bit busy. Have taken engine and gearbox out of my 5 and now awaiting a rebuilt engine from British American Engines, which hopefully I'll drop in in the next couple of weeks.
Now have an oil slick in my garage from all the old oil that was caked in the engine bay from the variuos oil leaks but thanks to Gunk is now on the floor. Can't wait to get it back on the road.

mx5v8
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by mx5v8 »

Well the rebuilt engine arrived yesterday, ordered through BAE and built by JRV8. Looks good and both Ian Briggs and Jim Robertson have been very helpful during the build, all I have to do know is put in back in making sure I don't have any bolts or loose wires at the end.

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

Looks good. I like the Rover sticker on the rocker cover, I didn't think you could get those any more.

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by topcatcustom »

Wow- I'd love to be able to have a big crate to prise open and find a huge new shiny V8 sitting in there :( maybe when I get my Dodge Challenger or Plymouth Barracuda and order in a 426 hemi or something I can grin :D

al mackenzie
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by al mackenzie »

You lucky chap. I wish I'd taken delivery of that crate! I'm also surprised to see those Rover rocker cover stickers. Does anybody know where I can get hold of a pair of them to tart up my polished SD1 rocker covers?
'72 Rover 3500, 6yr back-to-the-bare-Base-Unit nut & bolt resto finished in time for her 40th birthday June 2012!

mx5v8
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by mx5v8 »

ChrisJC wrote:Looks good. I like the Rover sticker on the rocker cover, I didn't think you could get those any more.

Chris.
I'm replacing those so if you want them they're yours, should be able to get them off without damaging them.
Andy

Return to “Your Garage Scene”