RV8 Mk5 Cortina project

Please post current V8 projects IN BUILD NOW in here, Any non relavent posts will be removed,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

V8 5

RV8 Mk5 Cortina project

Post by V8 5 »

new member, this will be my 1st post

I recently bought this Cortina with the V8 fitted, an abandoned project, from west Yorkshire

its now fitted with a RR V8 and manual box, although when it was originally built (about 8 years ago) with a 3.9 unit and auto box

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

Hi and welcome. Looks like not a bad start to a project.

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

hi and welcome to the forum,
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

V8 5

Post by V8 5 »

the car has been standing for a couple of years, so the state of the engine is unknown at present, and as can be seen from the pics, a lot of work and extra parts are needed to get it running, there are exhausts, well sort of....
the car itself is complete, but stripped, and there is a few boxes of rv8 bits in the boot, i would like to determine the condition of the block and gearbox before spending time & money sorting the shell

1st job was to find a rad that would fit, and a Mk1 Granada rad sits in nicely, although its not ideal

i managed to attract the attention of the original builder of the car via a Cortina forum who told me a Td5 defender with sierra electric fans and cowling were originally used.

heres a pic of the car 8 years ago in the paintshop (pic courtesy of original owner)

progress will be slow on this project, as i have another V6 Cortina to maintain, and a Scimitar to break for spares too

more pics to follow

V8 5

Post by V8 5 »

thanks for the welcome :D

this is my first experience of a V8, so i maybe asking lots of silly and obvious questions as the project progresses :lol:

ian.stewart
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor
Location: Far Far south, any further south and my feet are wet

Post by ian.stewart »

Hi and welcome, There are a couple of Mk4/5s with RV8s fitted I have seen somewhere recently, I will see if I can find them.
THE SMOKING GNU
12.604 with an old boiler of a RV8 and no gas
WHY are there so many IANS on this site???????

bak2burbles

Post by bak2burbles »

welcome m8, & dont worry about the "silly" questions, I ask 'em all the time...
brbs

V8 5

Post by V8 5 »

ian.stewart wrote:Hi and welcome, There are a couple of Mk4/5s with RV8s fitted I have seen somewhere recently, I will see if I can find them.
heres one :D :

this member is the original builder of my car
http://www.v-8.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1107

ian.stewart
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor
Location: Far Far south, any further south and my feet are wet

Post by ian.stewart »

Heres another place to have a go at, Probably the best cortina site about, at least they dont throw their toys out when a modified car turns up!!!!

http://buysellcortina.co.uk/forums/inde ... /index.php
THE SMOKING GNU
12.604 with an old boiler of a RV8 and no gas
WHY are there so many IANS on this site???????

V8 5

Post by V8 5 »

ian.stewart wrote:Heres another place to have a go at, Probably the best cortina site about, at least they dont throw their toys out when a modified car turns up!!!!

http://buysellcortina.co.uk/forums/inde ... /index.php
yes Im a 'Cortina Anorak' on that forum, my username is Autofive

I use the same username on a few cortina forums but i didnt think it was appropiate on a V8 forum

V8cortina

Post by V8cortina »

Just noticed this thread. This was my old car. I should never have sold it!!

It did have a cross bolted thor injected 4.0 from a series 2 discovery. I spent 3 years building it and it spent about 6 months on the road. I ended up selling it because I moved from south east england to west wales and my dad wanted the garage back.

I don't know why the 4.0 was removed in favour the 3.5 thats in there now, the mind boggles!!! It was a complete running car and I can't understand why anyone would strip it.

Last i heard it went to a banger racer. Damn shame as the car is (was!) very straight and rot free. :(

Return to “Your Garage Scene”