My dilemma LOL

Day To Day Chat Area, So Forum Topic's Don't Get Spammed Up.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Wotland
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

My dilemma LOL

Post by Wotland »

Some have may be seen I bought recently an Mangoletsi inlet manifold to mount quad downdraught dellorto.... but... and there is at least everytime one ''but''... there is an guy here who sells an complete Janspeed twin turbo kit.
So I can be tempted by the turbo option specially when I see the price to buy four carbs.
So what are pros and cons between Quad Dellortos and Twin Turbo ? I know one is NA induction and the other one forced induction. So they can't be really compared.

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

I would have thought that quad dellortos would be hard to keep all in tune and working 'as one'

A twin turbo however, with fuel injection, would be nice!

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by topcatcustom »

Although I like carbs (nice & simple (at least if you only have 1 or 2!!!)) I would most definately go for the TT set up! Power possibilities are endless!

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ian Anderson »

I'm the opposite I like the idea of the carbs
Simple and the look good factor is higher.

But as you say the price is scary
And yes they do go out of tune so you will need to rearn how to set them or get to know someone and pay some more

Ian
Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

Paul B
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Re: My dilemma LOL

Post by Paul B »

Wotland wrote:Some have may be seen I bought recently an Mangoletsi inlet manifold to mount quad downdraught dellorto.... but... and there is at least everytime one ''but''... there is an guy here who sells an complete Janspeed twin turbo kit.
So I can be tempted by the turbo option specially when I see the price to buy four carbs.
So what are pros and cons between Quad Dellortos and Twin Turbo ? I know one is NA induction and the other one forced induction. So they can't be really compared.
I would imagine fitting a twin turbo system will involve a complete engine rebuild, to prepare it for the higher horsepower.

Or at very least fitting lower compression forged pistons, if you are serious about it running some boost.

chodjinn
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by chodjinn »

I've seen that TT setup for sale, looks good and is about half the price of the only two kits I've seen for sale over here in the UK.

You know me mate, TT all the way! Woot woot!!!! 8) 8)

Besides, you could get a fair amount for that manifold seeing as it's so rare!! Bet you wish you hadn't sold those piston to me now eh?! :twisted:

bill shurvinton
Getting There
Getting There

Post by bill shurvinton »

why not both...

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

Wotland wrote:Some have may be seen I bought recently an Mangoletsi inlet manifold to mount quad downdraught dellorto...
Is this a new one for my manifold archive?
Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

Wotland
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Wotland »

Eliot wrote:
Wotland wrote:Some have may be seen I bought recently an Mangoletsi inlet manifold to mount quad downdraught dellorto...
Is this a new one for my manifold archive?
Eliot I think you have already it. It is the inlet manifold sold by Piercemanifold in USA :

Two year ago I had an quote ... +/-1500USD for the manifold :shock: .
Last edited by Wotland on Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wotland
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Wotland »

But I have something for you :D .

Another version made by Seton of water heated manifold to mount quad downdraught carbs on Rover V8 :

ian.stewart
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor
Location: Far Far south, any further south and my feet are wet

Post by ian.stewart »

Dunno whos site this is but I think they use the Forum, a GOOD selection of RV8 manifolds, The manifolds I use are the JED split TVR ones

http://www.mez.co.uk/ms12.html#Michael
THE SMOKING GNU
12.604 with an old boiler of a RV8 and no gas
WHY are there so many IANS on this site???????

al mackenzie
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

4 EMPI dual downdraught carbs on an RV8

Post by al mackenzie »

Hi Wotland. Follow this link (http://cwberlin.de/design1.html) and take a look at the four downdraught EMPI carbs (Weber copies?) on this Sebring MG B V8. This car is extremely quick, with fantastic throttle response, but the carbs spit small flames up and out of the trumpets at low revs, or big flames out of the tailpipes on the overrun. I just wanted to let you know that these EMPIs, which I think are intended for drag racing VW bugs, are a cheaper alternative but definitely function well. No tedious turbo-lag, just regular visits to the petrol pump!
'72 Rover 3500, 6yr back-to-the-bare-Base-Unit nut & bolt resto finished in time for her 40th birthday June 2012!

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

ian.stewart wrote:Dunno whos site this is but I think they use the Forum, a GOOD selection of RV8 manifolds, The manifolds I use are the JED split TVR ones

thats eliots site Ian,
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

Wotland wrote:But I have something for you :D .

Another version made by Seton of water heated manifold to mount quad downdraught carbs on Rover V8 :
Thanks for that, updated:
http://www.mez.co.uk/ms12.html#seton
Eliot Mansfield

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

thev8kid wrote:
ian.stewart wrote:Dunno whos site this is but I think they use the Forum, a GOOD selection of RV8 manifolds, The manifolds I use are the JED split TVR ones

thats eliots site Ian,
Lol..
Eliot Mansfield

Return to “General Chat Area”