Insurance.

Day To Day Chat Area, So Forum Topic's Don't Get Spammed Up.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

ihatesissycars
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Insurance.

Post by ihatesissycars »

Errr hi all! Nice new forum Tony! Looks the business!

Anyways, i'm having insurance company troubles. Theres me thinking putting a nitrous kit on my car would be a cheap and easy way to get power when the insurance company goes and proves me wrong! Another £200 on top of my usual premium (£823 in total or £723 if i wait until Jan 07 so my points come off my license) i thought was a bit much.

Does anyone on here have naaawss on their car and still pay reasonable insurance rates?

Thanks in advance!

Alley Kat
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Alley Kat »

How old is your car mate? If pre-72 I recommend joining the NSRA and using their scheme. For me it was less than half of Flux' price, gas no issue at all (Flux wanted to double the premium or something), and no quibbles with future engine mods/capacity hikes / roll cages etc. The Victor was £200pa maybe less

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Im with graham sykes
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

ihatesissycars
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by ihatesissycars »

Cheers Tony, i'll give 'em a try!

The cars an 86 mkIII Capri.

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

itold them my nitrous was for track days only,
and was quoted an extra £80 on my premium,
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

ian.stewart
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor
Location: Far Far south, any further south and my feet are wet

Post by ian.stewart »

Im with flux, £185. fully comp, with the missus on there as well, but I am OLD :D :D But no gas yet :mrgreen:

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

ooooooooooerrrrrrrrrr dont like the yet bit :roll:
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

Flux was the only firm who would insure my 1975 MGB with Nitrous.
Couldnt get into the NSRA scheme as car was not old enough to insure at all.
Tried all the companies in Custom Car mag, and all of them said that they dont insure cars fitted with blowers and / or Nitrous. Which seemed odd to me?

Me 47, car 31, MGB V8 with Nitrous, £380.00 fully comp with nos. All the companies I tried said they would not accept the nos being for occasional track days. They said if any of the system was fitted to a car its classed as modified. Even with the bottle out.

Eggonface

Post by Eggonface »

I'm with performance direct underwritten by chaucer, no nos but all my other mods were fine (sports exhaust webber 500 etc) and i am only paying £120premium fully comp on my SD1 vitesse and I am 25

JC.
Getting There
Getting There

Post by JC. »

mgbv8 wrote:Flux was the only firm who would insure my 1975 MGB with Nitrous.
Couldnt get into the NSRA scheme as car was not old enough to insure at all.
Tried all the companies in Custom Car mag, and all of them said that they dont insure cars fitted with blowers and / or Nitrous. Which seemed odd to me?

Me 47, car 31, MGB V8 with Nitrous, £380.00 fully comp with nos. All the companies I tried said they would not accept the nos being for occasional track days. They said if any of the system was fitted to a car its classed as modified. Even with the bottle out.
Im paying just over twice that for my car atm. I havent even put the Rover V8 in yet!
Me: 20, Car 78 MGBGT V8 Conversion (in progress) £900 ish 3rd party totally bog standard.... for now. :twisted:
Image -JC.

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

Eggonface wrote:I'm with performance direct underwritten by chaucer, no nos but all my other mods were fine (sports exhaust webber 500 etc) and i am only paying £120premium fully comp on my SD1 vitesse and I am 25
Have you their phone number, I'll give them a try.

ihatesissycars
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by ihatesissycars »

Performance Direct = 0870 4203896

Hmmm Sykes will insure me for £500 or £1200 with Nos. I don't think the nitrous is gonna happen this year! Performace direct wanted silly money.

Wizardof

Post by Wizardof »

I'm with Churchill of all companies with my RX-7 3.9i and they charge me £220 a year, think they might have got their sums wrong. I'm not complaining though! Will probably have to change in the New year with the 5.0l though.
RX-7 Bitza

toughy V8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by toughy V8 »

i used adrian flux for my kitten last time i was 21yr old car was 25, spaceframed/roll cage, 4 link back axle and 3.5l rover auto and i payed £340 tpft i couldnt insure my diesel fiesta for less than £750

Return to “General Chat Area”