bloody thing is fighting me again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day To Day Chat Area, So Forum Topic's Don't Get Spammed Up.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

ian.stewart
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor
Location: Far Far south, any further south and my feet are wet

bloody thing is fighting me again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by ian.stewart »

Is there anything on this car that is not going to give me aggro!!Ive got the engine in the cat, so today I thought refit the cooler and filter, no problemas here, Im on a roll, put 5ltrs of Valvolene 20/50 in the engine, now to remove the dummy dissy shaft from the engine, would it move, would it fec, Ive got a 6mm thread down the middle of the shaft so :idea: make up a slide hammer so I can pull the lot out,20mins later a basic slide hammer exists, pulled it out without a problem, trouble is the oil pump drive is missing, and the cam gear is broken into several bits,
try to turn the oil pump and its locked solid, seems like the new cover I fitted is not machined correctly and clamps the pump gears solid!! when the base is fitted, Back to the old cover, dismantle the front of the engine again to retreive the parts of broken gear from the sump with a magnet, which it looks like I have all the bits, off to real steel to get new gaskets and gear, onlt to find the gears are not drilled to suit the shaft so they have to be drilled to take the roll pin, not really a problem but its all taking time and once the gear was pinned onto the shaft I needed to re machine the dummy dissy body on the lathe to give me a satisfactory clearance, Ive managed to prime the system, so the pump is OK, and there is PLENTY of oil coming out of the rockers, I expected to have the headers on today, but only got as far as priming the thing, to top the day the battery on my daily decided to give up the Ghost today as well, so Ive had to do that as well,
Im off to bed!!

THE SMOKING GNU
12.604 with an old boiler of a RV8 and no gas
WHY are there so many IANS on this site???????

Return to “General Chat Area”