Worlds fastest Rover V8?

Day To Day Chat Area, So Forum Topic's Don't Get Spammed Up.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Greg55_99
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Worlds fastest Rover V8?

Post by Greg55_99 »

ian.stewart
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor
Location: Far Far south, any further south and my feet are wet

Post by ian.stewart »

Thats Tim Garlicks old engine, was in the Tiger Striped Mk3 cortina
been on Ebay a couple of times now, NOT the best time of year to sell a expensive item on EBay
THE SMOKING GNU
12.604 with an old boiler of a RV8 and no gas
WHY are there so many IANS on this site???????

Boosted LS1
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by Boosted LS1 »

Straight line speed yes. Elsewhere definately no but I agree it's a very special engine.

Boosted.

kev_the_mole
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kev_the_mole »

....makes you wonder what HP you could achieve by spending £52k :shock: :shock: :shock: on a BBC or BBF!

It's an engine Jim.....but not as we know it ;)

adamnreeves
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by adamnreeves »

Yes saw that. Defintely a bargin and worth every penny of the asking price but I would not have spent 52K on it in the first place. I would have choosen a different engine as I do not see the point myself. When we start this little projects they often go over budget I wonder what the budget was when the guy first started this!!

HairbearTE
Guru
Guru

Post by HairbearTE »

The 52k quoted refers to R+D and dyno time, a lot of labour hours at ICE too that cant be cheap. Probably "only" 20-25k in parts. £8.5k is a very reasonable asking price but whenever you spend fortunes on something which is of limited appeal to everyone or a niche project, you know you are going to do your dough. The fact that it runs on methanol and has solid heads restricts its use to pure drag racing, and only for those who have a trailer (and preferably a crew). All that said the world would be a boring place if there werent people around to push the envelope like this, we'd all be driving sbc's. In answer to Kevs question, at current exchange rates 52k could buy you 815ci all ally big block that'd make 1800-2000 bhp on nitrous. Just the thing for nipping down to tesco :D

Paul B
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Paul B »

HairbearTE wrote:....All that said the world would be a boring place if there werent people around to push the envelope like this, we'd all be driving sbc's.
I can see your point, but why bother with a RV8? Why not use an old flathead, if they wanted a REAL challenge :lol:

Besides, only the block is actually Rover, (maybe not even that) the rest is one off stuff, so how does it get Rover v8 world records? It's rather like the 'Harley Davidson' championship top fuel drag racers, with NO actual Harley parts in the motors. :wink:

Return to “General Chat Area”