Bits and bobs

Day To Day Chat Area, So Forum Topic's Don't Get Spammed Up.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Capri302

Bits and bobs

Post by Capri302 »

Hi everybody. New to this site and I am hoping that some of you out there can help with a few questions I have! I have a Capri Mk1 and a 302 which really need to be mated ! What I would like to know is; who makes the better (as in better made) engine mounts for this insallation and where do I get them from? Also, I am a bit confused as to which parts I can fit to this engine! I have worked out,from the numbers,that it is a 1974 engine,from a Falcon,but don't know if certain parts from later engines fit or if I should stick to parts for this year of engine? As it needs a re-build(and a play with!) it would help if I knew what does and doesn't fit.I need to find all the ancilliaries,mounting brackets,inlet manifold etc., so would like to know where most of you get your bits from. Hope some of you can help and,in anticipation,thank you. Tim. :?

5.0S-teve

Post by 5.0S-teve »

Hi tim,

Dont know how much it'll help you but It may be worth trying these 3 resources to gain info/items you need:

* Ebay- may sound daft, but came up trumps for me with a 5.0L ( 302ci ) and box £435, plus a Edelbrock RPM performer inlet and Holley 600cfm carb with 13 extra jets £170.

* Real Steel ( 01895 440505 ) they do a catalogue for £2.40, lists allsorts and gives an idea of what items fit what year engines.

* www.summitracing.com , american company that do loadsa stuff, very helpful guys and aint that expensive either.

hope this helps abit.

steve :wink:

Capri302

Post by Capri302 »

Thanks for that Steve. Will give each one a go. :D Cheers, Tim.

Return to “General Chat Area”