Toyosport AVOID at all costs

Day To Day Chat Area, So Forum Topic's Don't Get Spammed Up.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Toyosport AVOID at all costs

Post by Coops »

Long story short,
My old PACE RS500 cosworth intercooler in the capri has finally seen better days,
And after spending a whole weekend searching and looking for a replacement RS500 intercooler with the same 45mm core thickness, (60mm seems the norm now days)
Toyosport were the only company offering said core size in a RS500 spec intercooler, and didnt fancy cutting the front about on the capri again as its just come back from the bodyshop (pics in my garage section)
So i ordered the intercooler on Feb 14th, bang here following day, poop i thought thats service for you, (mmmm wish i had read the reviews online first)
so unpacked it, looks good, thought looked bigger than my pace one but was a direct replacement, out to the garage like a kid with a new toy, and dont fit, its a lot wider, so brackets would need to come off, the core is wider putting the in and outlet pipes in a different place to the cut outs in the slam panel on the car, which would mean cutting up the slam panel,
Went to the shed to get the PACE one to check against and yup the new one is wider and taller,
Had a 14 days no quibble return with the intercooler as long as not been used, so emailed them asking to return it please, email bounces back no such address, mmmm
ok live chat, connect and cut off straight away, thats weird, ok i'll ring them, dials number nope that number dont exist either, so i do a bit of searching online and im not the only one with contacting them issues, seems to be a lot of people trying to get there money back with no way of contacting them, SO two weeks i've been trying to contact them via their social media pages etc to give them the benefit of the doubt, with no response, they have seen my messages on facebook messenger as it shows when the message has been viewed but been ignored not even we will get back to you, then today i gave up,
Today it was handed over to my credit card company who are now working on my behalf to get my money back,
lesson learned, read up on companies before parting with your hard earned money :shock:

P.S now having to get the intercooler custom made from my old one as a pattern by Serck Motorsport in London, as they seem to be the only company that has hunted down said core size for my application,

Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Re: Toyosport AVOID at all costs

Post by stevieturbo »

you should be able to chase it with the credit card company ?

Distance selling rules and all that.

Plenty of places to make a unit, ideally with a Garrett core. They are just superior to the rest. When limited for space/size, core efficiency is all the more important
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

The old intercooler worked fine mate, just old and the fins are now falling out,
I bought it S/H 10yrs ago now?? maybe longer, but PACE no longer do intercoolers, so had work around this by finding a replacement,
And yes the credit card company are handling it all now,
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

Pro Alloy make their own cores, Docking Engineering also make cores. CSF is another core supplier.

There will be others too who use various core suppliers.

But there are huge differences between some cores. Some are really crap, especially the cheap chinese stuff. Most flow ok, but won't cool for poop, as the design is just rubbish.
Some may cool, but then don't flow for poop lol

Extruded tube designs were popular for a while and I used a few...they do flow well but their cooling ability is just plain crap.

Garrett managed to find a great balance. They look like they'll be restrictive, internal fin density is quite high, but they do still flow extremely well, and cool far better than pretty much anything else on the market size for size.

https://www.garrettmotion.com/news/news ... rect-core/

And don't make a mistake of thinking some other cores look like the Garrett...they might look a little like them, they do not perform like them.
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile

Blown v8
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Blown v8 »

It’s good you paid with a credit card !
You’ll have no problem with Serck,they did some work for me years ago

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Blown v8 wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:48 pm
It’s good you paid with a credit card !
You’ll have no problem with Serck,they did some work for me years ago
Yeah Graham and the boys sorted my rad out many years ago,
Reason it's so long doing mine they are in the middle of doing the cooling and oil packs for the F1 tests ready for race season,
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

Most businesses that do custom work will be busy, and it's a slow process.

And if they are any good, they'll be even busier ! Just the way things are.
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile

Return to “General Chat Area”