Looking for my father-in-law's old Rover SD1

Day To Day Chat Area, So Forum Topic's Don't Get Spammed Up.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

dnb
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Looking for my father-in-law's old Rover SD1

Post by dnb »

It is a Moonraker blue E plate Rover SD1 Vitesse (one of the last SD1s ever registered) E735LJT.

It was sold to an enthusiast many years ago and has not been taxed for a good few years so it is probably scrapped by now, but you never know what unfinished projects are lurking in people's garages...

If it's still in existence I would like to find out a bit more since there is a bit of sentimental value attached to it for my wife and her dad. I thought someone here might know someone who knows something about it.

Thanks.

v8250
Getting There
Getting There

Post by v8250 »

A quick search on the DVLA website shows the last tax expired on 1st December 2001.

>>Vehicle make ROVER Date of first registration 01 August 1987 Year of manufacture 1987 Cylinder capacity (cc) 3500cc CO&#8322;Emissions Not available Fuel type PETROL Vehicle status Not taxed Vehicle colour BLUE Vehicle type approval Not available Wheelplan 2 AXLE RIGID BODY Revenue weight Not available<<

https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

By 2001 it was probably needing quite a bit of bodywork, maybe even to pass the MOT. And worth not a lot. In other words, could cost a lot more to bring back into decent condition than the car was worth. So a lot were scrapped at that sort of age.

The SD1 Club does have a database of cars known to them.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

richardpope50
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by richardpope50 »

42 years after I sold my MGB (to buy our 3 piece suite) I bumped into it in Eastbourne last year and met the current owners who live in Pembroke.
Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control and Quaife LSD ....... Now nut and bolt restoring a TR6

richardpope50
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by richardpope50 »

v8250 wrote:A quick search on the DVLA website shows the last tax expired on 1st December 2001.
So does that mean it has not been formally scrapped (or exported) then?
Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control and Quaife LSD ....... Now nut and bolt restoring a TR6

harvey
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by harvey »

richardpope50 wrote:
v8250 wrote:A quick search on the DVLA website shows the last tax expired on 1st December 2001.
So does that mean it has not been formally scrapped (or exported) then?
If the tax ran out in Dec 2001 it should have been SORNED, and there's no mention of that, and as DVLA wouldn't miss an opportunity to fine the owner for not doing so, I reckon it's been scrapped.

dnb
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by dnb »

Probably right. My unused cars all show up as sorned. Not sure I completely trust the DVLA database though.

Return to “General Chat Area”