Phil from Extra EFI

Day To Day Chat Area, So Forum Topic's Don't Get Spammed Up.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Cobratone
Is a Spanner

Phil from Extra EFI

Post by Cobratone »

I had an electrical problem that was causing me no end of grief and, although I'm ok with basic electrics, it was beyond my abilities to resolve. I contacted Phil and asked for his help and via his direction with my multi meter he pinpointed, diagnosed and sorted my problem in a matter of minutes over the phone! Now I've known Phil for quite some time and we've helped each other out with bits and advice but I'd like to take this time to thank him again for his help because without it I would still be stumped. Cheers Phil :-)

volospian
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by volospian »

Got to agree. I ordered an ecu from Phil and only when fitting I realised it didn't have the lsx IAC stepper control. I had a bit of a panic but Phil just said "send it back and I'll sort it". I sent it Monday, it was back by Thursday and the IAC worked first time. Top bloke!

kev_the_mole
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kev_the_mole »

He is truly ' a diamond geezer'

It's an engine Jim.....but not as we know it ;)

Cobratone
Is a Spanner

Post by Cobratone »

volospian wrote:Got to agree. I ordered an ecu from Phil and only when fitting I realised it didn't have the lsx IAC stepper control. I had a bit of a panic but Phil just said "send it back and I'll sort it". I sent it Monday, it was back by Thursday and the IAC worked first time. Top bloke!
Engine running yet Richard??

volospian
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by volospian »

Just had it cranking over (no power to coils) but no oil pressure, although I only cranked it for a couple of seconds, so a job for Saturday is to pull the plugs, check oil levels and see if I can get some pressure... Then I may put some fuel in and watch it piss all over the garage floor :-)

unstable load
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by unstable load »

I love your faith in your work...... :lol:
Sounds like me, but I will never admit to it.
Cheers,
John

chodjinn
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by chodjinn »

Phil was very helpful to me many years ago when I had the RV8 MG, but unfortunately never got the MS system up and running (or even out of the box....).

He will be my first port of call to discuss fuelling/ignition options for the 1UZFE, because frankly the factory wiring and ecu scares the sh!t outta me.
RIP MGB V8 .... served me well as a learning curve.

R32 Skyline V8 .... this one is gonna be a monster!

volospian
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by volospian »

OT but as it has been raised here... I got oil a-pumpin'

Had 5 mins so nipped out, whipped out the plugs, took the oil pressure sensor out again and cranked it over for about 20 seconds... oil everywhere. No idea of the actual pressure yet but I'll wire up the gauge in the morning and have a proper look. :-)

Return to “General Chat Area”