Help needed with finding a set of rocker arms!!

Day To Day Chat Area, So Forum Topic's Don't Get Spammed Up.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by topcatcustom »

Lost count of the amount I've looked at now!!

I've been to see my bearing supplier (who can supply me with a new high quality triplex cam chain by the way!) and they can't get anything small enough for rocker roller tips. Does anyone know where on earth I can get the tiny bearings used on roller rockers? If I can find some I'll be happy to mill some rockers to suit, can't see it being that hard?

TC

crayefish
Getting There
Getting There

Post by crayefish »

topcatcustom wrote:Lost count of the amount I've looked at now!!

I've been to see my bearing supplier (who can supply me with a new high quality triplex cam chain by the way!) and they can't get anything small enough for rocker roller tips. Does anyone know where on earth I can get the tiny bearings used on roller rockers? If I can find some I'll be happy to mill some rockers to suit, can't see it being that hard?
Have you contacted SKF directly? Or looked at their website? I find they usually have every bearing that can be made (up to 2m diameter!).
Zander

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by topcatcustom »

That is big! I have looked, the best thing may be to get some of ther needle roller bearings with 3mm bore, 5mm OD and I can have some outer races made a couple of mm thick to cope with all the valve bashing. Not sure how they would get oiled though- is it enough to rely on what is splashing around inside the cover?
TC

crayefish
Getting There
Getting There

Post by crayefish »

topcatcustom wrote:That is big! I have looked, the best thing may be to get some of ther needle roller bearings with 3mm bore, 5mm OD and I can have some outer races made a couple of mm thick to cope with all the valve bashing. Not sure how they would get oiled though- is it enough to rely on what is splashing around inside the cover?
Yeah they take up to 130 kg load so should be fine I would have thought (engine not going to be high rpm afterall).

I would try and buy outer races from them though, rather than make some. You'd have to use hardened bearing steel which will be a bugger to machine yourself to a good finish even with tipped tools.

I would guess splash lube would work ok (isn't that the case with Chevy roller rockers etc?) but you can ask skf about the oiling level required.
Zander

Return to “General Chat Area”