Alfa 4C

Day To Day Chat Area, So Forum Topic's Don't Get Spammed Up.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

volospian
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Alfa 4C

Post by volospian »

Ok, I've seen loads of letters in car mags about how the 4C is fantastic, except for the heinous crime of housing a 4 banger in the boot. "It needs a v6" or "should be a v8" or whatever seems to be the opinion.

Now Alfa have a history of 4 pot sports. I'm sure I need only mention the words Giulia TZ2 to make most of us have to adjust our undercarriage, so why the downer on the 4 pot?

As the "Dax Rush" thread is showing, while we all feel uneasy at any power plant without two rows of four, we still seem to support the idea of the right engine in the right vehicle.

so, I'm wondering, am I the only person who thinks the 4 pot is perfectly correct in the utterly beautiful little Alfa?

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi
I think Alfas should have 4 or 6 cylinders, 8 cylinders makes it a Maserati, not a bad thing but not an Alfa, they should also completely fall apart through rust on their sixth birthday :shock: and the engine should go into a chevron B16.
best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

Darkspeed
Guru
Guru

Re: Alfa 4C

Post by Darkspeed »

volospian wrote: so, I'm wondering, am I the only person who thinks the 4 pot is perfectly correct in the utterly beautiful little Alfa?
The 4C is a nice car - its just that the 8C is just better. Although must admit to have been being quite taken by the Disco Volante.
4.5L V8 Ginetta G27

volospian
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by volospian »

Errrt... yeah, but that's as pointless as saying the xfr is better than the xf 2.2, or the m3 is better than a 318i. Yes, it may well be, but it's also in a totally different price league altogether and, in effect, incomparable.

Return to “General Chat Area”