Respray - any recommendations and estimates

Day To Day Chat Area, So Forum Topic's Don't Get Spammed Up.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

ppyvabw
Guru
Guru

Respray - any recommendations and estimates

Post by ppyvabw »

I am ashamed to say I had a little bit of a prang in MGB yesterday. Nothing too serious: smashed a headlamp, an indicator and my driving lamps, and ripped the fibreglass wing from where it's bonded onto the chassis, damaged the front valance and some spider cracking on the Sebring arch.

Got most of the stuff to repair the body work, including the paint from when I sprayed it myself 7 or 8 years ago, so should be fairly cheap to repair, apart from all new lamps.

However, the whole car is starting to look a bit shabby anyway, with some rust appearing on the sills and around the windscreen etc... so I am thinking about doing any bodywork on it and having a professional respray.

Can anyone recommend anyone good whose work they know. Also, how much will a professional job cost, roughly - couple of grand or much more? There won't be any welding or repair work to do - it's all mostly sound still, and I will do any repair work that needs doing. It'll 'just' be the prep work and the spraying.

If I do go ahead with it, it won't be for a while until I start a new job (hopefully) soon, and have paid off some debts.

chodjinn
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by chodjinn »

Double check any rust bits around the sills mate, better to sort it now than later!
RIP MGB V8 .... served me well as a learning curve.

R32 Skyline V8 .... this one is gonna be a monster!

Return to “General Chat Area”