Anyone advise me on what this lot is worth?

Day To Day Chat Area, So Forum Topic's Don't Get Spammed Up.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

chodjinn
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Anyone advise me on what this lot is worth?

Post by chodjinn »

As above, looking to change back to 4 stud to make it easier to get wheels to fit the new arches. So that means changing the entire undercarriage! All this bolts to a standard MGB;

- SD1 rear axle, professionally shortened with Phantom Grip LSD-type thing, drums removed and brackets welded on for calipers, currently has Ford Sierra 2WD Cosworth brakes and solid discs. I have receipts for rebuild/modifications, shortening and phantom grip totalling almost £1k.

- Front custom 5-stud hubs to match SD1 pcd. Fit standard MGB stub axles, bearings are good.

- Front brake calipers, they're either Jag or SD1 4-pots with 285mm vented discs, again all bolt on to MGB stub axles.

- 15"x7" Compomotive 2-piece split rims and tyres (215/225 f/r)

Any idea what that lot would be worth? Cheers

RIP MGB V8 .... served me well as a learning curve.

R32 Skyline V8 .... this one is gonna be a monster!

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

I'd have thought after what you've spent - if it is otherwise ok - it would be cheaper sourcing wheels which fit and you like from perhaps the US?

Unless there's a reason you've not mentioned. :D
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

chodjinn
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by chodjinn »

I've been looking for months, and there is nothing that I even remotely like :?

I would like some 16" x 8" or 9" wheels that look like deep dish Minilites, like the Rota RBX rims or the ones that Image do here in the UK (but are like £1.5k for a set).

Likes these on red car No.94;

http://www.v8register.net/subpages/V8photos.htm

there was a set on ebay before xmas that went for £237, from the guy I bought the arches from (couldn't afford them at the time). Last month another set went for £500 ffs, and I'm unlikely to find another set.

And apart from wheels, it's a PITA to get brake discs to fit, all of mine are custom drilled and I'd prefer something off the shelf.

Which is why I'm after a ballpark price for that lot!

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

Thanks for the explanation. But won't you have the same problem discs wise unless you use the standard brakes?
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

chodjinn
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by chodjinn »

DaveEFI wrote:Thanks for the explanation. But won't you have the same problem discs wise unless you use the standard brakes?
Nope, MGBs are a common pcd and there are a number of 'big disc' upgrades that can be bought off the shelf.

My long term plan would be to get some 2-piece disc and bells from Reyland - which I realise I could do with the current pcd but then I still have the wheel choice issue. I'm not worried about brakes pretty much anything can be made to fit with the right adapter.

Price wise, looking on ebay etc I was thinking;

Axle £300-350
Rear Brakes £75-100
Front brakes £100-150
Front hubs £100 (not much use tho on their own)
Compomotives & tyres £300-350

So about a grand all in? Probably sell it for less as a whole to get it sold, it's all bolt on.

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi
You can get 5X5" discs off Strange in the states, I wouldn't circute race with them but drag racing, hill climbs, sprints and road use they would be fine, not expensive either, I think the kit wiith 4 pot calipers was about $550 http://www.strangeengineering.net/catalog/
Best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

Return to “General Chat Area”