sound proofing

Day To Day Chat Area, So Forum Topic's Don't Get Spammed Up.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

109matt

sound proofing

Post by 109matt »

hello all !

i know on a lot of the race motors you don't bother with it but for a road going motor has anyone used anything good ? what would you recommend ?

Thinking of my series landy (i know i will never get it totally but would be nice to hear myself think !)

old landys are like labrador pups, they get so excited every time they see you they wee on the drive

Rossco
Moderator Gold
Moderator Gold

Post by Rossco »

plastic orange
Getting There
Getting There

Post by plastic orange »

I deliberated on this matter for a while, but eventually bit the bullet and bought dynamat extreme - not cheap but it is meant to do what it says.
There are plenty folk using flashbanding etc, but too many conflicting reports for me to risk it.

pete
Image Image

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ian Anderson »

Check the thickness of your chosen material. Some can be half inch thick so may cause problems in certain areas. (Under carpet and pedal not fully releasing clutch or loud pedal not going to the floor)
In doors can snag window winders etc

I have been told by a sound engineer that the only thing to really kill sound is weight, however the more different materials the sound has to travel through the less it penetrates. Sort of each material will killpff a certain wavelength of the noise.

Ian
Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

Return to “General Chat Area”