ANyone done their own sand blasting?

Day To Day Chat Area, So Forum Topic's Don't Get Spammed Up.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

chodjinn
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by chodjinn »

Wow I wasn't expecting to pay that much for a compressor ... guess I'll have to wait!

RIP MGB V8 .... served me well as a learning curve.

R32 Skyline V8 .... this one is gonna be a monster!

Alley Kat
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Alley Kat »

Horses for courses, blasting is air hungry so need a decent comp. Small ones Ok for other things, but if you need more air it's money wasted cos you'll need to upgrade or join comps. Have to take a longer term view on it. My last one was £280 delivered, used.

volospian
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by volospian »

chodjinn wrote:Wow I wasn't expecting to pay that much for a compressor ... guess I'll have to wait!
I've been thinking of selling my Nielson 200L 5.5hp petrol compressor, if you're interested. It takes up too much room in my garage and I don't really need it anymore. I won't spray the Cobra and I probably won't need a huge array of air tools to bolt the kit together, once the dismantling has been completed, so I have been thinking for a few weeks about selling.

It all works, although I think the carb needs a good clean as I just started it up and it doesn't like idling with no choke. It wouldn't start initially, so I drained the old fuel and added some new stuff, and gave the carb a good squirt of cleaner and it started up. On 1/4 choke it runs fine. I'll probably pull the carb on Saturday and give it a good soak as it had old fuel in it and it's probably a bit gummed up.

I was going to list it this weekend.

chodjinn
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by chodjinn »

Hey, ok yeah I might well be interested! You can PM me a price/ballpark figure and we can go from there maybe?

Cheers!

Olly
RIP MGB V8 .... served me well as a learning curve.

R32 Skyline V8 .... this one is gonna be a monster!

Return to “General Chat Area”