Happy New Year folks!!!

Day To Day Chat Area, So Forum Topic's Don't Get Spammed Up.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by topcatcustom »

I wouldn't mind moving to the states, just got too much family here though! I think our government over the last 13 years have put us in a downhill spiral hence why our £ is worth peanuts and we have so many ridiculous taxes and high rates of stuff we dont want to have! Lets stick with the pound and get it back nice and strong like we were a few years ago :P

Maybe everyone should be made to use their noodle to build a V8 before they get a full time job- then we would see some common sense come back :lol:

TC

ppyvabw
Guru
Guru

Post by ppyvabw »

Happy new year to everyone.

This year is gonna be bloody hard though with the last year of my PhD so little time and no money for important matters such as my new engine build. I personally am not looking forward to it! :'(

On the other matter, my dad keeps drumming it in to me to get out of this country whilst I still can before it becomes to expensive and bureaucratic to do so, or the the EUSSR simply stops people leaving. Not sure i have the balls for it though and am planning to apply for a job in up state New York starting October. There's also a job in Germany or perhaps at Cern, but that's still the EU so it's just as bad!! lol

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

ppyvabw wrote:my dad keeps drumming it in to me to get out of this country whilst I still can
Hmm, the grass is always greener etc. The fact that so many people want to get in here tells me that it ain't so bad after all.

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

topcatproduction wrote:I wouldn't mind moving to the states, just got too much family here though! I think our government over the last 13 years have put us in a downhill spiral hence why our £ is worth peanuts and we have so many ridiculous taxes and high rates of stuff we dont want to have! Lets stick with the pound and get it back nice and strong like we were a few years ago :P

Maybe everyone should be made to use their noodle to build a V8 before they get a full time job- then we would see some common sense come back :lol:
Hmmm so you cant remember when the Tories were in power and the mortgage rate hit 15% with a downward spiraling pound until they came out of the European monetary fund? I think all parties are as bad as each other and the old saying that a politician is only kissing your baby so they can steal its lolly pop is true. Any party that is in for too long will end up destroying the economy purely because the economy needs something new to refresh it. America has a lot of bad things but the fact that nobody can remain in power for longer than 2 terms is probably one of their better ideas. As for the Euro overtaking the USD, maybe some day but not until Europe gets its act together and everyone plays nice. There are too many cultural differences for that to happen any time soon tho I am afraid and the UK is one of the main problems as far as that is concerned.
Still Labour are bound to loose this year and things will get better until the next party has been in too long and that applies to whoever gets in.

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

"Hmmm so you cant remember when the Tories were in power and the mortgage rate hit 15% with a downward spiraling pound until they came out of the European monetary fund? "

I do remember that day very well I had my first house then, that day I had £15 less pay a month than my mortgauge payments :cry: .

I'm of the generation who were compleeting school whem maggi (she will never get a capital letter from me) came to power, 4.5 million unemployed (massarged figures) was the result of her and kieth joseph's economic experiment and huge cuts in education budgets. Just statistics when you look at it but what it did to my friends was criminal, over half my class left school to no job, training or further education, (and I lived in winchester where it was pretty prosperous), . My first job I got £25 a week for the first year, (£3 less than the dole) soldering up cct boards for computers then the company bought a flow soldering machine, I managed to get another job ot £40 a week, I thought I was lucky but then after 3 months the company went bust, six weeks later I got another job at £40 a week again, eventually my pay went up to £50 a week after three more years I got a place on an electronics/broadcast engineering course and since then I haven't looked back.
What this rambling is leading to is that I will never vote tory, unfortunatly for my choice at the ballet box is blair turned the Labour party into another bunch of tories, but with an appatite for spending my money and giving it to their banker mates, all I see is greater division in society with the highly privilaged few living off the backs of the many and bigger and bigger corporations monopolising markets with both major parties in the pockets of the banking sector, I wish I could look forward to an election with some hope of change, but I can't.
Sorry soap box away
good luck to all in the new year.
Best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by topcatcustom »

Can't remember it! And yes there are a lot of people who want 'in' to this country- but only because their own countries have serious issues and dont look after them in any way. Apart from all the ridiculous laws and regulations that come down to health and safety, human rights and brussles, the thing that gets me annoyed is the robbin hood trend, steal from the rich (including those who work their nuts off all their lives to get a good living) and give to the poor (including those who dont deserve it). I just cant see how its right to tax the people who genuinely work hard up to half of their pay to pay for people just out of school with 4 kids and no intention of ever getting a job or pulling their weight. I think the reason there are so many people against high earners is because of all the massive bonus bankers and stock brokers who dont actually seem to do anything. Mike you are right- the middle class seems to do disappearing, too much of an easy target to get funds from. And the only reason tony blair looked so good is that gordon was spending every penny we had saved up, tony managed to get out in time making himself look good when he is just as guilty as gordon brown.

Anyway should be back on my exhausts today, cant believe the xmas break is practically over already!
TC

ppyvabw
Guru
Guru

Post by ppyvabw »

ChrisJC wrote:
Hmm, the grass is always greener etc. The fact that so many people want to get in here tells me that it ain't so bad after all.

Chris.
True, fair point. There's far worse places to live I suppose, shouldn't complain really.

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by topcatcustom »

ppyvabw wrote:
ChrisJC wrote:

Chris.
True, fair point. There's far worse places to live I suppose, shouldn't complain really.
Its not all that bad- think about it- you could live in a place where people ramble on about politics then realise how boring it is!!!!
TC

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Tom please, you missed out the word pointlessly. :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Its Ramble on "pointlessly" about polotics. . . :D
Best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by topcatcustom »

kiwicar wrote:Tom please, you missed out the word pointlessly. :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Its Ramble on "pointlessly" about polotics. . . :D
Best regards
Mike
My bad :lol: Dont know why I even start I hate it!!!!!
TC

gelmonkey
Sergeant Monkey Face

Post by gelmonkey »

Tories,Labour,whoever....it doesnt matter who's in power they all want to grab our money,they all want to jump on the band wagon of the enviroment and they all want to screw the motorists for as much as possible but just think about it..we live in a place where we can do what we want with the small amount of dosh left at the end of the month.
We can play with our cars and drive them when we want and we can say ALMOST what we want.
When you are behind the wheel of your chosen steed do polotics even come into your thoughts?
We are not happy unless we have something to moan about so I say this...
We all have our opinions on the poloticians,bankers and other saviours of the planet who would drag us to our knees but remember,when you have just taken that nasty bend at full chat and the car is on song who cares about any of them.
Enjoy what you do, deal whith the crap,get over it and move on.
Here endeth my sermon
Bless you all my flock........
P

IainB
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by IainB »

Happy New Year folks :D
May 2010 be much better than 2009....which for many reasons was rather crap
Anyone want to buy a road legal drag car?

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi Iain
I hope you are well and that 2010 is good for you. I must confess If I turned up with a road legel drag car to put in the garage Mrs Kiwicar would pull my limbs off and beat me to death with the soggy ends :lol: :shock: . All the best for the new year
Mike
poppet valves rule!

volospian
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by volospian »

Here's wishing you all a happy and fruitful 2010!

Return to “General Chat Area”