Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Being asked to Log In on each Viewing

Post by Ian Anderson »

I seem to be having a problem with this
It shows the Forum but I am not logged in
So I go and log in but is does not remember my last visit so the unread posts feature does not work.

For the last few days every visit has required me to log in
At work we are on Microslop Internet Explorer and nothing new has been done in the last 6 months to the server, settings nor my desk computer.
It has always accepted cookies etc.

At home the same is happening There it is on a Mac runing Safari
Again nothing has been changed in the settings for months / years as I believe if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Is anyone else having this problem?
Or should I just go away and buy some toothpaste?

Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

working fine for me, are you checking the box remember me or whatever it says. you will probably have to do this on all machines.

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

working fine this end too.
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

kev_the_mole
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kev_the_mole »

not working for me and my mate Mr. Firefox :(

It's an engine Jim.....but not as we know it ;)

CastleMGBV8
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by CastleMGBV8 »

Tony.

Have had lots of problems for the last few day's keeps asking me to log on , site is very slow and some times can't get in at all or some subjects don't open.

Nothing changed at my end still using Internet Explorer.

Kevin.

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ian Anderson »

Yes the remember me is ticked

At least it is not only me that is being picked on

Yes there have also been times when the site will not open and is really slow

And I reiterate that nothing on either system had been changed from settings that had worked for ages.

Ian
Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

is it ok at the moment?
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

r2d2hp
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by r2d2hp »

Just done it to me. Every so often it does not login automatically and you have to add details and tick box to remember.

Its then ok for a while and then the same thing happens.

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

Mine is fine on exploder 7.
The remember me feature sets a cookie in your browser - try deleting all cookies and temp files. (which will clear all your other forum 'remember me's)
Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ian Anderson »

Asked me to log in at work this morning (XP Pro Windslop Infernalnet Explorer)

Then pages taking for ever to open

I'll delete the cooties this afternoon and see if it fixes it then

Ian

ramon alban
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by ramon alban »

Ian Anderson wrote:
Then pages taking for ever to open
Ian, I think your pc is clogged with rubbish.

Clear out the internet explorer cache, clear the cookies, clear the history, reset internet explorer (Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Reset) which puts IE7 back to factory settings. You will have to put back any preferred features on IE from the advanced tab.

Then run "adaware", and "spybot" (free downloads) to clear out any malicious software. Then run your updated virus scanner.

Slightly more advanced, get a free download for registry cleaner and run it to tidy up the registry and clear out all unwanted registry entries .

Then disable all unnecessary startup functions so there is virtually nothing running in the background (run msconfig "startup" tab.)

If any or all of the above is beyond your scope, then unfortunately there are no shortcuts (other than reloading XP and starting from scratch with a clean system), so you may consider talking to your local backstreet computer shop to run a health check for you, usually 30-50 quid, but its that or continue suffering.

Even more advanced - one of the reasons pc's get slow is that there is insufficient memory to handle the increasing number of applications that get loaded, intentionallyor unintentionally.

You could try stripping out unwanted programs, games, applications, etc from the control panel (add/remove progs) and or add more memory.

To give you an idea, I had 1gb of memory with my 3mhz processor and am regularly running photoshop, adobe CS2 web designer, word, IE and azeurus (downloading films etc) all at the same time.

The machine is otherwise clean, but those applications were slow. I just added 1gb of memory for an extra 15 quid and the machine is racing again like zebedee with a new spring.

Finally when the pc is running normally you can review your security settings, passwords and needed cookies so IE stays logged on between visits.

Ramon

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

I think your going a bit over the top there Ramon lol. It is a known problem with the forum being slow and intermittent either 5 min loading pages or pages loading blank. The slowness is the forum and not anybodies PC so telling people to virus check clean the registry and all that isn't going to help. Clearing cookies/history might help with the auto login tho.

ramon alban
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by ramon alban »

Yes Marki, but in my defense, for me, the V8 forum is never as slow to load as you describe with 5 min delays or blanks, so I have assumed Ian had a clogged PC or his cache is dominating the reloads due to IE settings.

Also, I did qualify my suggestions for 3 levels of advancement, assuming that the prior suggestions had not fixed the problem.

Hope you get it fixed soon Ian.

Ramon

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ian Anderson »

At home this morning (Good Friday) of course it's good as I'm not at work!

On the Mac no log in required

Perhapsit was just a temporary glitch - see again on Tuesday in the Oriface

Ian

scotb
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

nope

Post by scotb »

not workin here. :?

Return to “Forum Faults”