What Do You Drive? Tell Us Here.
V8 Only Please,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Robrover
Getting There
Getting There

Aussie SD1

Post by Robrover »

4.6, Buick 300 heads, Crane cam, YT roller rockers, Scorcher dissy, f/g bonnet, hatch, bumpers, etc.

dbv8
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by dbv8 »

Very nice 8)

More pics please
10.612 @ 129.77
176.5 standing mile.

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

What would look nice from the side is matching skirts and rear valence. It would make it look like a real ground hogger !!

Nice car dude!!

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

Robrover
Getting There
Getting There

Post by Robrover »

Thanks guys - the sills are as they left the factory i.e. painted black so it is actually lower to the ground than the photo suggests.

If I go any lower the fuel tank will be too vulnerable, in fact I'm contemplating getting an alloy tank for the boot instead. I know there's a Vitesse guard available for the OEM tank but this adds unwanted weight and I'm trying to get this down even further (currently weighs 1190kg).

BTW it's actually a 1978 Series 1 car, one of the first to be imported into OZ and first registered on the road in 1979. I've updated the spec somewhat to Series 2 Vitesse look.

As for those '80s body kits (katkit?) most didn't do the gracious SD1 design too many favours.

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

Robrover wrote: As for those '80s body kits (katkit?) most didn't do the gracious SD1 design too many favours.
AOL. It looks very nice as it is.

I'd not get away with body coloured bumpers here in London. The matt black ones car be brought back to good in a few minutes with an aerosol. Which is needed very couple of months. ;-)
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

Return to “Your Cars”