What Do You Drive? Tell Us Here.
V8 Only Please,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

dnb
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

TVR Griffith 500 with a few small mods

Post by dnb »

Tony has twisted my (virtual) arm to actually post on here instead of lurking in the background. Here's hoping it's a positive experience for all concerned :lol:

I have a TVR Griffith 500. It's currently in several pieces (by design, not RTA!!), but until Janurary this year it was my daily driver. It will be again after April.

The chassis is in my lounge awaiting a final coat of paint. (My wife is VERY understanding)
The body & most of the engine engine are in my garage
The remaining parts are scattered across the county while interesting things happen to them, or they receive a coat or two of paint.

I'm aiming for 350+ bhp with good road manners & economy from the engine (5 litre Rover). TVR originally measured their power in the little known units of "Blackpool Donkey Power" instead of bhp. The conversion is approximately 1 bhp = 1.3 bdp. ;) As you can see, I have some work to do on the engine...

I installed a VEMS ECU last year, which has really improved matters and made my goals seem possible.

I have some pics but because of the unique way Motorola update their phone software I can't get them off my phone ATM. :roll:

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Hi Dave,
glad you joined us at last.
and good to see a fellow vems user here too.
your running wasted spark on your TVR with the vems are you not?
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

dnb
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by dnb »

I do, although it's "Cheating" wasted spark.

I have 8 individual coils and set the firmware to fire 2 of them per spark event. Now I have the cam sensor working, I'll be able to run fully sequential sparks when the engine is rebuilt.

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

nice one mate,
im hoping to go wasted spark later this year, want to get her running again first, then when the fueling is 100% move onto the ignition
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

dnb
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by dnb »

I'm going to have to make my way over to Newbury to see your Capri one of these days. Naturally, I'll bring the Griff. :)

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

that would be cool mate,
be good to put a face to a name, as you have helped alot via mail etc with setting my ecu up, along with richard and rob
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

Return to “Your Cars”