my model A pickem up truck

What Do You Drive? Tell Us Here.
V8 Only Please,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Semi Hemi

my model A pickem up truck

Post by Semi Hemi »

here's a picc of my money pit,daimler hemi v8 and a f**king piece of s**t borg warner slush box.
originally built with a alfa twincam motor in it but i got embaressed driving it so i shopped round for a v8 to stick in it,the only motor i could find short enough was the daimler,it came in around 5" shorter than the rover so off i went..first engine i bought got home and stripped had junk bores and corroded heads,off again to my next motor,pulled the heads off and great condition bores too,sripped it to re shell and ring and the crank had picked up on one journal...so re grind new rings bolt the box on and drive..well allmost,3 box's later and,well thats another story..
next winter im going to have the valve guides machined to accept seals(they used a pint of oil every 600 miles from new!!)and maybe a blower..

ged
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by ged »

Hi Semi Hemi,

Looks cool mate!!

Regards Ged

Semi Hemi

Post by Semi Hemi »

ged wrote:Hi Semi Hemi,

Looks cool mate!!

Regards Ged
thanks fella..

gelmonkey
Sergeant Monkey Face

Post by gelmonkey »

Way cool man
Love it.
P

Cavman
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Cavman »

That looks the nuts! or maybe just nuts! :wink: wish i could've found guys with motors like that when I lived in Leics! (my home county) Good work fella.
James
I wish I had a pound for every time some one told me "My Dad had one of those!"

'78 Cavalier Coupe GLS 2000

john 215
Getting There
Getting There

Post by john 215 »

Hi,

Love it 8)

You got to go a long way to beat the look of Hemi Engine esp a English one
I remenber watching Russ Carpenter running his Daimler powered rail up The Pod years ago, got amazing amounts of HP out of that.

Cheers John
LIVE LIFE A QUARTER OF A MILE AT A TIME.

JSF55
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by JSF55 »

Way cool hot rod ;) the daimler goes way back in drag racing ...
http://www.ukdrn.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=87
So thats where it went !

Semi Hemi

Post by Semi Hemi »

john 215 wrote:Hi,

Love it 8)

You got to go a long way to beat the look of Hemi Engine esp a English one
I remenber watching Russ Carpenter running his Daimler powered rail up The Pod years ago, got amazing amounts of HP out of that.

Cheers John
yeah i've read up on russ's motor 1500 bhp...now if i could just sqeeze 300 out of mine on pump gas....hmmm

Semi Hemi

Post by Semi Hemi »

JSF55 wrote:Way cool hot rod ;) the daimler goes way back in drag racing ...
http://www.ukdrn.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=87
very interesting reading,its a loverly looking motor and when mine was running good it pulled like a train and screamed like a banshee..its missing a bit now but will be sorted this week.
he's getting it together again,time for a re mortgage..
http://www.russcarpenterracing.co.uk/

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: my model A pickem up truck

Post by DaveEFI »

Semi Hemi wrote:here's a picc of my money pit,daimler hemi v8 and a f**king piece of s**t borg warner slush box.
originally built with a alfa twincam motor in it but i got embaressed driving it so i shopped round for a v8 to stick in it,the only motor i could find short enough was the daimler,it came in around 5" shorter than the rover so off i went..first engine i bought got home and stripped had junk bores and corroded heads,off again to my next motor,pulled the heads off and great condition bores too,sripped it to re shell and ring and the crank had picked up on one journal...so re grind new rings bolt the box on and drive..well allmost,3 box's later and,well thats another story..
The B-W 35 is ok for an engine with this torque. After all, it was used with the RV8. But there are so many versions you need to make sure you use one to the correct spec. And if overhauling a failed one, always have the TC professionally cleaned, or fit a new one.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

Semi Hemi

Re: my model A pickem up truck

Post by Semi Hemi »

DaveEFI wrote:
Semi Hemi wrote:here's a picc of my money pit,daimler hemi v8 and a f**king piece of s**t borg warner slush box.
The B-W 35 is ok for an engine with this torque. After all, it was used with the RV8. But there are so many versions you need to make sure you use one to the correct spec. And if overhauling a failed one, always have the TC professionally cleaned, or fit a new one.
yeah i guess thats the correct way of going about things,i dont know if you can still get new converters?? anyways im hoping to get through this season as is then throw more money at it,mostly gearbox..i've just bought a electronic ign for it,recived it today with matching coil fitted it and nothing..bugger all wouldnt even spark..put the points back on and fired up and ran great..why i bother ill never know!!

Return to “Your Cars”