V8 Landy

What Do You Drive? Tell Us Here.
V8 Only Please,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

MedusaV8

V8 Landy

Post by MedusaV8 »

I have owned my Land Rover since Aug 08, she's a 1989 3.5 V8 Auto 90 County and I call her Gloria. I have been led to believe that she went straight to J E Engineering from the factory and had 10K worth of work done, which back in 1989 was quite a sum. 

The bits I can see are Edlebrock manifolds, 4 barrel Weber 500's and a custom exhaust along with a few other non standard additions. I haven't been able to confirm this is a JE Engineering job as their records only go back 6 years. Its a shame as I would love to know the full spec. She was previously owned by The Cure's former drummer Boris Bransby Williams so who knows, he would certainly have the spare funds to do the work.

She does 13 (ish) around the lanes and 17 on a run, will sit happily all day at 70  on the motorway and is extremely lively (for such a lump).  She's not a quick as my 2.2 diesel Civic but really isn't bad for a 22 years old lady. Bet my Civic will long be dead at 22.

This is mine, forgive the mud, I had just got back from Salisbury Plain...

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ian Anderson »

That looks great - just as a Landrover should be - Dirty and used off road!

I'd hazard a guess a "modern" plastic one would not have gone the same places as yours did that day

Ian
Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

V8Smudge
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by V8Smudge »

Nice Landy mate 8-) ! I also own a 2.2 Type-S Civic :shock: !
My Landy is 44 years old this year and is as solid as ever, my Civic is 4 years old in March and slowly falling to bits :cry: !
Land Rover SIIA 88" fitted with a 180BHP V8
Some is good, more is better, and too much is just enough!!

MedusaV8

Post by MedusaV8 »

Thank guys, she's a peach and I love her to bits. :D

I just hate filling her up and I don't honestly get to drive her as much as I'd like too.

I don't suppose you get too many petrol head V8 ladies on here and even less V8 Landy ladies!

series3-2007
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by series3-2007 »

MedusaV8 wrote:Thank guys, she's a peach and I love her to bits. :D

I just hate filling her up and I don't honestly get to drive her as much as I'd like too.

I don't suppose you get too many petrol head V8 ladies on here and even less V8 Landy ladies!
well not a lady lol, but most defo a petrol headed landy owner

with the 3.9rv8 on twin su's so no efi for me ha ha

Return to “Your Cars”