Ford Faclon V8 Ute i the UK

What Do You Drive? Tell Us Here.
V8 Only Please,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

birder

Ford Faclon V8 Ute i the UK

Post by birder »

Hi Folks

I am told its the only one in the UK but cant confirm that but never seen another.

All origional and Right Hand Drive

Factory standard XR8 prepared for Ford by Tickford (Part of Ford at the time)

Full factory fitted Tickford Body Kit which i am told was originally called a Pursuit.

One of the smartest looking UTEs you will see with low miles on the Petrol 5.0Ltr V8 Tickford engine which has "Built by Hector M" on a plate on the rocker cover.

Alloy Roll Bar with the extra rear hoop that fits at the back of the truck. I was told its for taking long loads (Ladders etc) but i have never used it and it not fitted in pictures.

First registered in Austrailia on 31st Dec 2001. I can never understand who in their right mind registers a vehicle on the last day of the year when one day later and it would have been a 2002.

Registered in the UK in 2005 by an ex-pat englishman who had lived in Australia but missed the UK, so decided he wanted to come home and had his UTE shipped over.
When he arrived home he realised why he went to Austraila in the first place so sold up and went back and i was lucky enough to buy the truck.

He used the money to put down on a new one when he arrived back in Austrailia.

He paid all the taxes and had the speedo converted to MPH, but the trip meter still records kilometers. Its done just over 63000 kilometers so just under 40000 miles.

I purchased it in 2008 as a fun car that was different and have used it very little since. Too many toys and not enough time......

I have a certificate confirming the trip meter readings from the previous owner and UK MOT's show:

4/7/2005 57921 kilometers
15/5/2006 58685 kilometers
10/5/2007 60607 kilometers
12/5/2008 62140 kilometers
13/5/2009 62248 kilometers
11/5/2010 63187 kilometers

Factory fitted radio with CD player but i dont use it as the V8 sound track if far better.

Air Conditioning, 5 speed box, Central Locking, Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, Power Windows, Tinted Windows, side window deflectors, Driver Airbag.

Factory fitted load liner.

18" wheels with good tyres, 2 new less than a 1000 miles ago.

Tax and tested

Drives and rides like a car and turns heads everywhere it goes.

Anyone fancy a swap for a 4x4 double cab truck as i need 4WD

Just PM me

Reg is not for sale.......

Robrover
Getting There
Getting There

Post by Robrover »

Falcon and Holden V8 Utes are pretty run of the mill here, they're very popular and a common sight on the roads. So too the Ford and Holden 6 cylinder versions (XR6 and V6) - all the tradies use them. Holden Special Vehicles and Ford's equivalent do some really tricked up utes with 400 bhp and more for around AU$60K - there's even a V8 "Brute" race series.

Return to “Your Cars”